Two System reserved partitions

For some reason I have two system reserved partitions on my system. One of them is on my nvme ssd which I have my OS, windows 10 pro, installed on and the other is on my hard drive. When I go to disk management I can delete/format the one on my ssd but not the one on my hard drive. I found this strange as I assumed that the one on the ssd would the one that I would need to keep considering that is where my OS is installed. Could someone help me with which one I can delete/format and how to go about doing so if there is no option in disk management.

Many thanks.

It sounds like you installed windows on your SSD without unplugging your hard drive?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It sounds like you installed windows on your SSD without unplugging your hard drive?

I think that I installed windows on my previous system without unplugging the hard drive and then I reused it in my current system as it had all my games on it so the system reserved partition may be from my previous system. Would that be correct?

1 minute ago, Jiddan said:

I think that I installed windows on my previous system without unplugging the hard drive and then I reused it in my current system as it had all my games on it so the system reserved partition may be from my previous system. Would that be correct?

Possibly.

If you unplug your HDD does your PC still boot?

Because if not then you should definitely reinstall windows on the SSD with the hard drive unplugged.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Possibly.

Because if not then you should definitely reinstall windows on the SSD with the hard drive unplugged.

I'll give it a shot

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Possibly.

Yep boots fine without HDD. Does that mean I can delete the partition on the HDD.

3 minutes ago, Jiddan said:

Yep boots fine without HDD. Does that mean I can delete the partition on the HDD.

Yeah, you should be able to.

Might need to use disk management or some command line stuff to get rid of it..

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, you should be able to.

Might need to use disk management or some command line stuff to get rid of it..

Yep all good, thanks heaps.