Is it possible to turn a usb 3.0 port in to a 2.0?

This is a very unique question. I have a wireless Logitech F710 that I use to game while traveling with my laptop. The trouble is that the controller cuts out every once in a while for a second which can turn into a tragedy in a racing game, for example. After a bit of googleing, I discovered that the usb 3.0 port that the wireless usb transmitter is plugged into is causing a lot of interference. It is recommended to plug it into a 2.0 port, which I do not have. Is there any sort of usb driver or something out there that can trick one of my usb 3.0 ports to dumb down to a 2.0 port?

I will be very proud of this forum if someone finds a solution.

Take some tacky wax or something and stick it to the four pins in the back of the USB plug. :P

I don't see how this is possible at all.  the chip itself is very aware that it is a usb3 controller.

unless there's a setting already built-in, you would have to do something like rewrite the firmware and only make use of USB2 features.  hypothetically.

You could try plugging it into a active usb 2.0 hub then plug the hub into the 3.0 port and see if that works.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

You could try plugging it into a active usb 2.0 hub then plug the hub into the 3.0 port and see if that works.

With all the random tech I have around the house, I don't seem to have a hub. However I would like to see if this can be solved with in the software of my computer first since the main use of my ultrabook is to keep things as simple and tidy as possible with a minimal amount of cables for travel.

@wingnut

Yes, it's possible if you're confident with soldering/cutting wires, and are aware of the 9 pinouts on a fe/male USB 3.0 Type A. On a regular fe/male USB 2.0 connector, there are 4 pins/pads for VCC(Red), GND(Black), D+(Green), D-(White). Those exact same pads/pins are found on the same location of USB 3.0 as well. Simply desolder/snip the extra 4 SuperSpeed and Drain wires on either male/female USB 3.0, and you'll physically "dumb" down your connector to USB 2.0. That's why USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.

Can I get an interwebz cookie now? :D

Is it one thats right on the back of the mb? If so no but you could do it to your front ones easily enough. You could also just get a usb hub since its just a keyboard and mouse.

USB hub like what others said

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Its not possible to do it with software because the problem is mostly happening at a hardware level. You will need to adapt from USB 3.0 to 2.0 however you choose to do that. The specially wired 2.0 female port hardware has a lovely cheap and ghetto feel to it based on how simply the difference between the two is or a 2.0 hub will do the job. 

@wingnut

Yes, it's possible if you're confident with soldering/cutting wires, and are aware of the 9 pinouts on a fe/male USB 3.0 Type A. On a regular fe/male USB 2.0 connector, there are 4 pins/pads for VCC(Red), GND(Black), D+(Green), D-(White). Those exact same pads/pins are found on the same location of USB 3.0 as well. Simply desolder/snip the extra 4 SuperSpeed and Drain wires on either male/female USB 3.0, and you'll physically "dumb" down your connector to USB 2.0. That's why USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.

Can I get an interwebz cookie now? :D

Cool answer. Definitely cool to know. However it is in a laptop and will screw my warranty if I do something like that to it.

But have a cookie anyway :)

you can do it via software, but, it would require a venture into root. I think that a software solution is more difficult than its worth; Buy a new keyboard.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018