Powercolor reddevil 5700xt now? or wait till october 28th new gpu

Rxplants

So I have been thinking about this a lot and I am leaning towards picking up the Powercolor red devil Radeon 5700xt, its base clock is 1770 mhz boost clock is 2010mz and it runs cooler than the other 5700xts. So setting aside the specs here is my reasoning. 1. When the 5700xts first came out there was major driver issues for a long time, if I buy this I know there will be less driver issues because its been out. 2. Budget is no more than $500 for GPU and 3. I currently have a geforce gt220, i hardly get 30 fps in wow even. I only plan on playing on 1080p with a 144hz monitor and the card I can buy right now will play most games over 140fps maxed out on 1080p. So with all that being said is it really a bad idea to buy the card without waiting for the new cards coming out in a month? - I do not want to go nvidia because they cost too much $$ per fps.

4 minutes ago, Rxplants said:

So I have been thinking about this a lot and I am leaning towards picking up the Powercolor red devil Radeon 5700xt, its base clock is 1770 mhz boost clock is 2010mz and it runs cooler than the other 5700xts. So setting aside the specs here is my reasoning. 1. When the 5700xts first came out there was major driver issues for a long time, if I buy this I know there will be less driver issues because its been out. 2. Budget is no more than $500 for GPU and 3. I currently have a geforce gt220, i hardly get 30 fps in wow even. I only plan on playing on 1080p with a 144hz monitor and the card I can buy right now will play most games over 140fps maxed out on 1080p. So with all that being said is it really a bad idea to buy the card without waiting for the new cards coming out in a month? - I do not want to go nvidia because they cost too much $$ per fps.

Definitely Wait for BIG NAVI GPUs, they might be killers! ;)

YES, I RUN RAID 1 OVER RAID 0

REMEBER TO QUOTE 馃槣

This is a dick move, but worth considering: if you're buying from Amazon, they've extended their return policy until January 31, 2021. If you buy the 5700 XT and October 28th brings a substantially better card for the same price, return the 5700 XT. If you're buying from a different site like eBay or Newegg (if you can even get Newegg to take a return on something) that's holding to 30 days, then time your purchase a little better.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

LOL thats a great idea, I could buy something from amazon and return it. Maybe ill just buy a gtx 1060 and return it in 30 days lmao

3 minutes ago, Rxplants said:

LOL thats a great idea, I could buy something from amazon and return it. Maybe ill just buy a gtx 1060 and return it in 30 days lmao

1060s Are now not that powerful, try a newer card, like 1660, 1660S or Maybe Even the new 3060 which is about to come :)

YES, I RUN RAID 1 OVER RAID 0

REMEBER TO QUOTE 馃槣

Honestly unless you can get a killer deal on the 5700xt wait, Big Navi is going to be better. How much better? Time will tell. But I imagine AMD will price them just as aggressively as they did with the first RDNA cards so I see no reason not to wait.聽

Don't get me wrong, the 5700xt is the best bang for your buck card out there (I might be a little biased, I own one, haha!), but even if the conservative leaks about big navi are true it could seriously give Nvidia a run for there money. Especially after this absolute mess of a launch they somehow managed to put together.

Don鈥檛 waste your time with the 5700xt. Try to get a rtx 3070 when they come out or see what amd has to offer.聽

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme聽

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x聽

Be quiet 500dx聽

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

5 hours ago, Rxplants said:

you could pick up a 2070 Super off ebay in your budget