Getting zapped touching my case please advise anything

KKatt

I need some help tracking down an issue i have just ran into, Built this PC around 3 years ago. Never had an issue till now. I went to plug in my USB and got zapped. Pretty good. so i unplugged it right away thinking the USB was shorting out. was looking for loose anything and while i was trying to push the other cables into the I/O i got zapped again. so i stopped what i was doing and decided to look inside for any wires touching the case, and wires not secure. nothing. So i put everything back together.  I touched the front audio jack and shocked me again. At this point the entire PC is not grounded i think. So i was going to test my socket. But i do not have the tools for the job. Until i can get to the store and buy some stuff. Is there anything else i should check while i'm at it?
Is there a different feeling from the Y caps in the PSU and a bad ground? Just so i can be sure? 100% sure its not static. It felt like a e dog fence or stronger

You need to plug your computer into a grounded/earth outlet (the kind with at least 3 pins) and the grounding must be working. 

The power supply is designed intentionally to leak some AC into the ground pin... if your computer is not grounded, you'll feel that voltage when you touch metal parts connected to the ground of your computer (the metal of the computer case, the usb connectors, etc are grounded)

yes i am using a 3 prong. Everything else, including the monitor and my DVR camera set was tested. Nothing happened on those.  Are we sure its a ground issue with the outlet and not the PSU it's self? Might also be the main power cable from the outlet to the PSU🤔

6 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

have you considered you may be shocking the PC? if the PC is grounded then it's likely you're discharging static onto it

this. stop dragging your feet on the carpet

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

no. 100% it is not static buildup. This was a consistent "buzzing" feeling in my hands. not a quick discharge