How to play DS3 with keyboard and mouse?

Santiago Santos

I'm terrible at using controllers -also, i don't own any- 

Is there any way to play DS3 PROPERLY with keyboard and mouse? Just bought the game on steam (because i read that this is the first one to include proper support for M&K) but even navigating through the menu is tedious, for every action you need to right click, then select the action and left click instead of just pressing esc / intro / arrows. Now even the "press any key to continue" at startup work with the keyboard. While in-game i can move and roll but when i get prompted with something like "Press A to open" i don't know what to do because it's showing a Controller "A" wich of course does nothing if i press "A" on my keyboard

This feels like a joke tbh, right now i'm more excited about refunding the game than playing it

Id say, i actually ended up buying controllers years ago lol. Its possible. (I played like 3 hrs in with m&k) but things that require angular movements (tree jump is an example) will literally take you ages since it requires fast mouse movements instead of just tilting in the controller. Once you get used to it though, its not that bad.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

21 minutes ago, Santiago Santos said:

I'm terrible at using controllers -also, i don't own any- 

Is there any way to play DS3 PROPERLY with keyboard and mouse? Just bought the game on steam (because i read that this is the first one to include proper support for M&K) but even navigating through the menu is tedious, for every action you need to right click, then select the action and left click instead of just pressing esc / intro / arrows. Now even the "press any key to continue" at startup work with the keyboard. While in-game i can move and roll but when i get prompted with something like "Press A to open" i don't know what to do because it's showing a Controller "A" wich of course does nothing if i press "A" on my keyboard

This feels like a joke tbh, right now i'm more excited about refunding the game than playing it

The xbox one controllers are still the best option for pc? This is for sure the first and last game i'm buying from Bandai on pc.
I can't get around the fact that games like Witcher 3 or Shadow of the tomb raider work so well and DS3 can't even get the "press any key to start" working lol

You can rebind all Keys.

I played through DS3 with M+K multiple times. PvP as well. You dont need the tooltips.

When you know all the buttons, it plays very good. Controllers are a horrible. I ignore every Game that cant be played with M+K.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO