Laptop has 13.8 GB of ram reserved and a CPU core

Tyme

Hello, I had the drive in my old laptop die 17t-s100 HP Envy. So I got a replacement drive to replace it. Due to this I needed to reinstall Windows 10 64bit using a USB. After doing so I realized that my laptop was using only 2.2 of the 16 GB of RAM that was on the system. It says the 13.8 GB of ram is hardware reserved. I have already tried changing the max memory in the msconfig. I checked the BIOS and it does show 16GB. This is the same ram I had before and that came with the laptop so shouldn't be any issues there. I have also already tried reinstalling the BOIs from HP and reinstalling Windows 10 64bit. I have also noticed that only 1 CPU core is being used and shown as well which it is a i7-7500U so it should have 2 cores. These are the only issues I can see as windows works fine and the new drive is completely working. Also the bios version is F.97. Is there anything else I could do to try to get the RAM and CPU working properly? I am out of ideas to try other then new OS that isnt Windows 10. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, SpiderGuy said:

@Tyme Can you share screenshots of both the Memory and CPU tabs under the Performance tab of task manager? That would help us figure out what the issue might be.

@SpiderGuyI was able to get a picture of both 🎉

20201004_021935.jpg

20201004_021944.jpg

8 hours ago, Tyme said:

@SpiderGuyI was able to get a picture of both 🎉

20201004_021935.jpg

20201004_021944.jpg

That looks weird. Did you install all the drivers? I see the display is probably not in the correct resolution. You should be able to find the latest drivers from HPs website.

Try installing the drivers, mainly any chipset and video drivers, reboot the system, and see if that solved any of the above issues.