VoIP services make system audio quality severely worse.

TheDuckTeam

Hi, today I wanted to bring up an issue that seems to affect many Android users but no one seems to be talking about. When you use a VoIP service and have it go through the speaker all audio will be severely worse. To recreate this you can open up discord while having music playing (whether it is on Spotify, Youtube music, or somewhere else, matter it does not). Join any voice call, and then for the audio output select anything but the phone. That means it can be a speaker, wired headphones, or whatever else it shows for you. After a few seconds, you will most likely notice a degrade in audio quality. The music will have no bass, it will sound almost as tho the volume of the music is changing a little bit really fast.

I have found a few posts about this on different forums, mostly related to the Samsung S8, but when I asked my friends who have other Android phones they have the same issues. Seems to be an issue on Samsung S8 and newer, some Huawei phones, Most Xiaomi Phones, LG phones, and probably many others.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Do you have this problem?

33 minutes ago, TheDuckTeam said:

Hi, today I wanted to bring up an issue that seems to affect many Android users but no one seems to be talking about. When you use a VoIP service and have it go through the speaker all audio will be severely worse. To recreate this you can open up discord while having music playing (whether it is on Spotify, Youtube music, or somewhere else, matter it does not). Join any voice call, and then for the audio output select anything but the phone. That means it can be a speaker, wired headphones, or whatever else it shows for you. After a few seconds, you will most likely notice a degrade in audio quality. The music will have no bass, it will sound almost as tho the volume of the music is changing a little bit really fast.

I have found a few posts about this on different forums, mostly related to the Samsung S8, but when I asked my friends who have other Android phones they have the same issues. Seems to be an issue on Samsung S8 and newer, some Huawei phones, Most Xiaomi Phones, LG phones, and probably many others.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Do you have this problem?

I work in Unified Communications but haven't heard this feedback.

Let me ask some of the architect guys next week and see what they think.

SETUP:

• Ryzen 9 3900XT @ 4.3 all core (peak core voltage 1.3)  (water)
  • 2x8GB TeamGroup 8Pack Ripped Edition 3600mhz CL14
  • RTX 2080ti OCd @ +150 core, +1000 memory (water)
  • Aorus B550 Elite (rev1)

Personal Bests:

• Cinebench R15: 1785  1883 (Aug 2020)
  • Cinebench R20: 4136  4243 7125 7550 (Feb 2021)
  • 3DMark/Time Spy: 10,238 13,106 13,993 14,149 15,295 (Feb 2021)

Build Log: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1314971-the-ultimate-noctua-pc-15-fans-custom-loop-case-mods/

18 hours ago, A Gassy Gnome said:

I work in Unified Communications but haven't heard this feedback.

Let me ask some of the architect guys next week and see what they think.

Okay thanks, I want to see if the issue is as big as I had anticipated, or if this is just a select few devices, or if maybe people just aren't noticing it.