Reapply Thermal Past Every time Exposed to Air?

Yoshi Moshi

Do I have to reapply thermal paste every time I expose the GPU to air, by removing the stock cooler that comes with the card? I'm sure this applies to all cards the same. But if not, I have a 3090 TUF.

I don't know if it's like gasket material for cars, that once you expose it to air, you no longer have a good seal from one surface to the other, should always apply a fresh gasket. In the same vain, if I don't reapply thermal past every time after removing the cooler, I no longer have a water tight barrier between the two pieces of metal, is this a bad thing?

17 minutes ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

Do I have to reapply thermal paste every time I expose the GPU to air, by removing the stock cooler that comes with the card? I'm sure this applies to all cards the same. But if not, I have a 3090 TUF.

I don't know if it's like gasket material for cars, that once you expose it to air, you no longer have a good seal from one surface to the other, should always apply a fresh gasket. In the same vain, if I don't reapply thermal past every time after removing the cooler, I no longer have a water tight barrier between the two pieces of metal, is this a bad thing?

Only time I re-apply is if I've left it off for extended time frames (like days) 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Exposing thermal paste to air is fine, just don't let it try up or it'll become ineffective

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

1 hour ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

It's not true on cars or computers. And I don't know why you need a water tight seal on a GPU, water should never be near the GPU in the first place. Inside the AIO or loop if using, yes. On or near the components, no.