Valve Index VR PC Build Help

jdino323

Budget (including currency): $1000-$1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VR Gaming, Valve Index, COD Warzone

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey guys! Trying to figue out a build for PC/VR Gaming.  I'm planning on getting my Valve Index soon and still need to build a PC for it, so I figured I'd ask you guys for help.  My budget is around $1000-$1500.  I know the 3060 is coming out in October, but I know it's probably going to be out of stock for a while, so I would like to build now, and be able to upgrade down the line!  I would be mainly using this PC for VR gaming and minor graphic design stuff for work (Photoshop, Illustrator).  I'm pretty new at this stuff so any help would be appreciated.

20 minutes ago, jdino323 said:

Budget (including currency): $1000-$1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VR Gaming, Valve Index, COD Warzone

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey guys! Trying to figue out a build for PC/VR Gaming.  I'm planning on getting my Valve Index soon and still need to build a PC for it, so I figured I'd ask you guys for help.  My budget is around $1000-$1500.  I know the 3060 is coming out in October, but I know it's probably going to be out of stock for a while, so I would like to build now, and be able to upgrade down the line!  I would be mainly using this PC for VR gaming and minor graphic design stuff for work (Photoshop, Illustrator).  I'm pretty new at this stuff so any help would be appreciated.

I Highly recommend waiting for the 3070 you are paying the same price for a lot more performance (or try getting a 2080ti off ebay if they still sell them for 500$) and i doubt that you will get the maximum from the index even a year from now with a 2070 and if you can wait till the end of this month the 5700x Will be out (20%+ performance single core) don't do the stupid thing and buy a last gen pc a month before next gen for the same price comes out

My Build

Case:Lian-li O11 Dynamic white | Processor:Ryzen 9 5900x | CPU Cooler:Kraken X73 | Motherboard: gigabyte B550 vision D | Graphics Card:Asus ROG Strix Gaming Geforce RTX 3080 10GB OC | Ram: G.skill Trident Z Royal 32G(16x2) cl16-16-16-36 | Psu:Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB + Crucial P2 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | Case fans: 9 EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB |

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($294.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($127.99 @ Walmart) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($112.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($64.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS GP OC Video Card  ($509.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1335.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-02 23:17 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W