Am I getting the maximum potential of my 2080 super?

Qwewtt

Hello everybody I have a RTX 2080 super from MSI and I was wondering if it’s normal to get around 63-50 FPS in GTA five With Settings on high? I just got this card today and I downloaded the newest driver for it and wanted to make sure everything was working right.

at 4k sure

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

at 4k sure

no 2k what should I do? I’m not getting what I should in terms of fps maybe it’s my CPU 5 3600?

2 minutes ago, Qwewtt said:

no 2k what should I do? I’m not getting what I should in terms of fps maybe it’s my CPU 5 3600?

that CPU shouldn't be having a problem, unless you're running some single channel or slow ram

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

that CPU shouldn't be having a problem, unless you're running some single channel or slow ram

My ram is weird it’s not showing up as it should be in speccy Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory that’s what I have

image.jpg

Just now, Qwewtt said:

My ram is weird it’s not showing up as it should be in speccy Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory that’s what I have

1600 is half of 3200, ddr means double what you see

any thermal throttling?

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

1600 is half of 3200, ddr means double what you see

any thermal throttling?

no? I’m not sure what that is.

1 minute ago, Qwewtt said:

no? I’m not sure what that is.

ig its your cpu to know this run gta at the same settings n open task manager n see ur cpu n gpu utilization n also if u can share a pic

2 minutes ago, MaximusAlpha said:

ig its your cpu to know this run gta at the same settings n open task manager n see ur cpu n gpu utilization n also if u can share a pic

I have been noticing that neither the CPU or GPU has been taking on any load it’s been fairly low so it’s not really putting any effort into it. But yeah I will be able to send you a picture of TaskManager.

⚙️📏

overheating causing the gpu to manually "throttle down" to save its lifespan; among other things like heat accumulation which is all round bad.
what temps do you have at idle and in normal use?
have you tried a full windows reinstall? OR upgraded from an old windows file with a major hardware configuration change ie other graphics card you've installed and their respective registry keys and drivers // whatever leftover nonsense is left over can be easily removed by DDU by wagnardsoft  will help reinstalling your drivers and etc i usually get better performance after doing this especially if your driver application has updated itself and drivers a few times.
a hassle i know, but what would a computer be without a headache? happy spooktober from aus 🎃

27 minutes ago, Qwewtt said:

Hello everybody I have a RTX 2080 super from MSI and I was wondering if it’s normal to get around 63-50 FPS in GTA five With Settings on high? I just got this card today and I downloaded the newest driver for it and wanted to make sure everything was working right.

GTA V is a game were performance vary wildly according to what settings and location and what's going on in the game etc...

Have you cranked the settings under the ''advanced'' settings?

I would recommend toning it down to were it gets playable as it doesnt affect visuals anyways...Also grass quality should be set to no higher than HIGH.

I use 1080ti with 8700K which is similar to what you have, a bit better CPU, a bit worse GPU i guess...but very close...1440p on all max except advanced settings set to ''middle of the road'' and grass on high with 2x MSAA i get anywhere from 90 to 144 FPS.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, ratherlargelinusfan said:

⚙️📏

overheating causing the gpu to manually "throttle down" to save its lifespan; among other things like heat accumulation which is all round bad.
what temps do you have at idle and in normal use?
have you tried a full windows reinstall? OR upgraded from an old windows file with a major hardware configuration change ie other graphics card you've installed and their respective registry keys and drivers // whatever leftover nonsense is left over can be easily removed by DDU by wagnardsoft  will help reinstalling your drivers and etc i usually get better performance after doing this especially if your driver application has updated itself and drivers a few times.
a hassle i know, but what would a computer be without a headache? happy spooktober from aus 🎃

I don’t have a paid version of Windows would that affect anything?

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

GTA V is a game were performance vary wildly according to what settings and location and what's going on in the game etc...

Have you cranked the settings under the ''advanced'' settings?

I would recommend toning it down to were it gets playable as it doesnt affect visuals anyways...Also grass quality should be set to no higher than HIGH.

dude i think a 2080 suoer can handle those 

2 minutes ago, MaximusAlpha said:

dude i think a 2080 suoer can handle those 

1440p high refresh...it depends...online in a shit show...? 🤨

i seen my 1080ti drop a bit.

But i kind of agree at the same time...usually the game should feel stupid smooth regardless on that level of hardware.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

1440p high refresh...it depends...online in a shit show...? 🤨

i seen my 1080ti drop a bit.

So you don’t think there’s something wrong?

Just now, Qwewtt said:

So you don’t think there’s something wrong?

usually the game should feel stupid smooth regardless on that level of hardware...so its worth monitoring your GPU LOAD under stress while playing the game...see what's wrong...report back...so you have MSI afterburner? Do you have OTHER GAMES to test with? :D

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

usually the game should feel stupid smooth regardless on that level of hardware...so its worth monitoring your GPU LOAD under stress while playing the game...see what's wrong...report back...so you have MSI afterburner? Do you have OTHER GAMES to test with? :D

Yes yes and yes according to NZXT cam neither my CPU or GPU are under any load really.

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

But I’ll try with different monitoring software‘s here in a min

34 minutes ago, Qwewtt said:

this always seems an odd question to me.

Download 3DMark benchmark from Steam , the demo is free 

run the Timespy bench

compare to same hardware (opens in your browser)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Qwewtt said:

But I’ll try with different monitoring software‘s here in a min

no, try with other games instead...too.

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

no, try with other games instead...too.

Will do

Just now, Qwewtt said:

Will do

and like mentioned above, benchmarking tools (unigine, 3d mark etc.) at this point would help you make sure your hardware is performing like it should.

12 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

and like mentioned above, benchmarking tools (unigine, 3d mark etc.) at this point would help you make sure your hardware is performing like it should.

I don’t understand why it’s performing so badly? It’s so bad actually that it’s  performing like my 1660

image.jpg

7 minutes ago, Qwewtt said:

I don’t understand why it’s performing so badly? It’s so bad actually that it’s  performing like my 1660

image.jpg

installed latest drivers?