General server settup questions

Go to solution Solved by HeroRareheart,

Hello,

I have previously made some posts regarding configuration of my Dell r710 and this community was very helpful so I've decided to consult here once again about a new configuration. Last time I had this server set up I lived with my grandparents, sad I know, and I would turn it on and off manually as needed, but now I live with my mother, also sad I know, and I'd like to do it differently this time. I'm still going to use the server to host Minecraft servers but this time I want to set everything up so it can automatically turn itself on and off on as needed. I have it set up so that proxmox is installed on the bare metal of the server and then I install MineOS in a proxmox VM. I'd imagine that I would have to do something along the lines of making the Minecraft servers shut themselves down at a certain time, MineOS lets me configure a schedule to do this, then have MineOD configured so that it shuts down at a time shortly after the Minecraft servers do then have proxmox configured to shut itself down, along with the r710 itself, at a time shortly after MineOS shuts itself down. the problem is I'm not sure how to get MineOS and proxmox to do that and I'm also not sure how to get the server to turn itself back on. I'm also aware that setting this up for it to be on a few hours one day a week is probably a pretty large waste of my time but I would like to learn the new skills needed. I am using the 64-bit TurnKey bassed MineOS distro and proxmox 6.2.

Hello,

I have previously made some posts regarding configuration of my Dell r710 and this community was very helpful so I've decided to consult here once again about a new configuration. Last time I had this server set up I lived with my grandparents, sad I know, and I would turn it on and off manually as needed, but now I live with my mother, also sad I know, and I'd like to do it differently this time. I'm still going to use the server to host Minecraft servers but this time I want to set everything up so it can automatically turn itself on and off on as needed. I have it set up so that proxmox is installed on the bare metal of the server and then I install MineOS in a proxmox VM. I'd imagine that I would have to do something along the lines of making the Minecraft servers shut themselves down at a certain time, MineOS lets me configure a schedule to do this, then have MineOD configured so that it shuts down at a time shortly after the Minecraft servers do then have proxmox configured to shut itself down, along with the r710 itself, at a time shortly after MineOS shuts itself down. the problem is I'm not sure how to get MineOS and proxmox to do that and I'm also not sure how to get the server to turn itself back on. I'm also aware that setting this up for it to be on a few hours one day a week is probably a pretty large waste of my time but I would like to learn the new skills needed. I am using the 64-bit TurnKey bassed MineOS distro and proxmox 6.2.