Shortcuts don't work after bios update

So I just finished updating my BIOS, and when I booted into the OS (windows 10 pro ver 2004) all of the shortcuts on my desktop from one particular drive are no longer functioning, they're now just white pages.

The drive is recognized and accessible through explorer along with all the programs, but the shortcuts are dead.  Is there an easy way to restore them, or do I have to re-make them all from scratch? 

Check that Local Disk is still assigned the C:\ drive letter in This PC, applications and shortcuts will often break if it has been changed.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

4 minutes ago, PorkishPig said:

Check that Local Disk is still assigned the C:\ drive letter in This PC, applications and shortcuts will often break if it has been changed.

Local disk is still assigned (C:)

Just now, Monkeybiz0985 said:

Local disk is still assigned (C:)

Okay. Could you provide a screenshot of Properties > Shortcut of one of the offending shortcuts?

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

You said "shortcuts on my desktop from one particular drive", so not from the C drive? You had like a D drive or something? Make sure the letter is the same as before.

I have 3 drives (C:) is my boot drive then I have two 1TB drives for storage (D:) and (G:). (D:) is the one that seems to be having issues. All shortcuts from (G:) and (C:) are functioning.

Sorry for not being more detailed earlier.

The only thing I can think of is that the drive letter changed. Are you sure that is not the case?

11 minutes ago, Internet Person said:

The only thing I can think of is that the drive letter changed. Are you sure that is not the case?

I'm sure.

4 hours ago, Monkeybiz0985 said:

Game is stored on my (D:) drive.

Make sure to quote or mention (@PorkishPig).

That shortcut is not actually a shortcut, it's a favorites URL that Steam generates. Apparently this broke with Windows 10 2004 when Internet Explorer was disabled, meaning that the issue occurring after a BIOS update was just a coincidence.

You can resolve the issue by going into Properties, selecting "Change", and selecting "Internet Browser".

Desktop

Homelab

22 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

Make sure to quote or mention (@PorkishPig).

That shortcut is not actually a shortcut, it's a favorites URL that Steam generates. Apparently this broke with Windows 10 2004 when Internet Explorer was disabled, meaning that the issue occurring after a BIOS update was just a coincidence.

You can resolve the issue by going into Properties, selecting "Change", and selecting "Internet Browser".

Worked like a charm. Many thanks!