Extremely loud coil whine?

Melralis

Hello everyone,

I've recently build a new PC ( May ) and was pretty happy with it thus far.  No noteworthy issues,  good cooling,  etc.

However, today I started a game and got some extremely loud noises coming from my PC.  I can only assume it is coil whine.

I've made a video of it here:  https://youtu.be/BqtIjSvOEBE

I'm not joking when I say it's loud,  I can legitimately hear it over my games at a great volume. This did not happen before.

I've done some troubleshooting in the meantime and found out that stress tests such as Prime95 do not cause it.
However,  things like Heaven or Furmark do immediately cause the noise again.  It also seems when more is on the screen to load,

the worse it gets.  ( For example,  if I look at the sky in Heaven it is almost completely gone. )

Setting the Witcher 3's FPS to 60 FPS also removed it entirely,  but then playing Assassin's Creed: Origins at 60 FPS it still persists.

All the parts for my system can be seen here.

What do you guys think this is or what is causing it?  Am I right with my coil whine assumption?  I've never had one before.

I'd assume it's coming from my GPU over my PSU since the PSU I use isn't a shabby one,  as far as I know?

its just coil whine. if it bugs you then

replace the parts in the system...

put on headphones....

move the tower to a different room....

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

its just coil whine. if it bugs you then

replace the parts in the system...

put on headphones....

move the tower to a different room....

Unfortunately,  it's too loud to ignore and the other options aren't viable to me ( except for the headphones one. )

I will probably ask to RMA it then since it's a bit depressing to have a new $800 card that has such bad whine.  :(

4 minutes ago, Melralis said:

I will probably ask to RMA it then since it's a bit depressing to have a new $800 card that has such bad whine.

Dont expect it to go away

seen plenty of "bought new card still has coil whine" threads. Coil whine occurs for any number of reasons so replacing the card might not fix it

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Dont expect it to go away

seen plenty of "bought new card still has coil whine" threads. Coil whine occurs for any number of reasons so replacing the card might not fix it

That's true,  however the card originally didn't have it and only started doing it recently,  so I would assume the set up in and of itself isn't the problem.

6 minutes ago, Melralis said:

so I would assume the set up in and of itself isn't the problem.

theres........ absolutely nothing to go on to say it's not the setup.

the card can be fine and it took this long for the setup to get to a point where it makes any 2080 coil whine.