Issues with the 30 series

Weather_Report

I've heard that the new 30 series cards are having issues, crashing, and black screens. Can someone explain to me why its having issues and when would be the right time to buy 

Some of the AIB's are using cheaper out of spec capacitors.   The current theory is that its causing a problem with some cards when boosting. 

11 minutes ago, Avolate said:

Some of the AIB's are using cheaper out of spec capacitors.   The current theory is that its causing a problem with some cards when boosting. 

It's Nvidia's fault for giving them poor reference designs and not allowing them to test the cards properly without a real driver.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Guys I already payed for a Zotac Trinity 3080 before being worse than FE and POSCAPs and MLCCs things were discovered. How many performance(in %) i'm losing if i stick with Zotac? I mean, it would take months if I try to change to Asus Tuf or another better AIB. 5% is not that bad imo.. so somebody can help me there?

11 minutes ago, CristalShiva said:

Guys I already payed for a Zotac Trinity 3080 before being worse than FE and POSCAPs and MLCCs things were discovered. How many performance(in %) i'm losing if i stick with Zotac? I mean, it would take months if I try to change to Asus Tuf or another better AIB. 5% is not that bad imo.. so somebody can help me there?

I'd return it if you don't lose money. You'll regret it every day if you don't.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, King Spartan said:

what companies do you recommend some one to buy them from EVGA, ASUS MSI 

look at reviews

seems the FE is fine, the ASUS TUF OC is fine, not sure about others.

But if I were you I'd just return it and get nothing until all this shit is sorted out. Launch has been a joke and actually am glad for the bots.

17 minutes ago, King Spartan said:

what companies do you recommend some one to buy them from EVGA, ASUS MSI 

I would return it solely on the basis that it's not from EVGA.

I hate to dick ride EVGA, but... They have continually shown me with the build quality from their entry level black series, all the way up to the top tier FTW3 models and the fucking fantastic warranty and custom service that they far and away the best brand for graphics cards. Asus is probably a respectable 2nd, and maybe 1st for motherboards.

Zotac I thought was good until recently, maybe it's only their amp extreme cards that are good.

Gigabyte from my last experience 3 weeks ago is trash imo. Will never buy another gigabyte product. 

MSI used to be my go to for graphics cards, 980ti was fantastic. Not sure anymore, no experience. Motherboard however are trash imo, last 4 I've used have been an iasue.

My 2 cents.... probably worth much less lol

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

1 hour ago, Weather_Report said:

I've heard that the new 30 series cards are having issues, crashing, and black screens. Can someone explain to me why its having issues and when would be the right time to buy 

Don´t panic.

I´l make it short and ask you to look at this video where it´s explained very well.

Many reviewer cards and cards used in promotion material have 6 POSCAPs, but I've watched many unboxings and see mostly 4 POSCAPs 2 MLCCs cards.

The msi ventus I ordered is one on the cards that is shown to have 6 POSCAPs when looking at pictures of it, but in all the unboxings I've seen it has 4 POSCAPs and 2 groups of MLCCs.

So hopefully most people will be getting the better power delivery.

Edit:

I have now seen an msi ventus with 5 POSCAPs and 1 group of MLCCs.

So just the msi ventus has at least 3 different power delivery configurations, its likely other AIB's do also, so I guess it another lottery finding out what power delivery you have.

I wonder if there's a hardware mod that can fix these, so you don't have to gimp the crap out of it with a VBIOS update.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022