Fixing video card resellers

Norman

So with everything going on with videocards being sold out due to resellers do you think if they only offered warranty to person that originally bought it do you think that that would stop this all dead. I know it might be hard to figure out but I think that people would be less likely to buy a card for over MSRP and these resellers would be trying to return cards fast

I buy a card at Micro Center. I then sell it to you for double the price. The card breaks in six months. When you send it in for RMA, you're asked if you're the original purchaser of the card. You say yes. What do they do next, call Micro Center and ask if they remember the name of a customer from a sale from six months ago?

Basically, no, it would not. The only way to stop card resellers from reselling cards is to stop buying secondhand cards right after they come out. It's basic intro level psycholoy. Take away the incentive and the behavior will stop.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Not true. Warranty are non transferable afiak. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Not true. Warranty are non transferable afiak. 

...and that's why you don't register your hardware unless you need to RMA it.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

...and that's why you don't register your hardware unless you need to RMA it.

yep. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Original proof of purchase is always required. There are some exceptions, but that's of course the exception rather than the norm

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Allow blind pre-payment + 20% MSRP of at least 6 months ahead. Specs and benchmarked unrevealed but those who really wants it get to gets it. Kinda evil but punish the impatient ones.

I have had manufactures warranty based off the manufacture date. Maybe make people register when at checkout maybe yes it will have to be a work in progress but does anyone else have ideas. The only other idea would be to only sell in stores and limit it to one per person but that can't happen anymore.

Or just don't buy from them. If you don't buy from them, they don't profit then they are less likely to do it next launch..

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?