Xbox One X

Go to solution Solved by PlayStation 2,

Because no one has managed to answer the OP's questions correctly, I'll attempt to:

The Xbox One X doesn't have dedicated hardware support for ray-tracing and any related rendering methods. That doesn't mean developers can't write software methods of tracing cones, rays, etc. in a game engine that's hardware-agnostic. This is what Crysis Remastered does in its Ray Tracing Mode: it renders out ray-traced reflections on certain surfaces via a software implementation of those functions that the CryEngine offers.

Will the xbox one x get ray tracing support for games, since the series s has ray tracing and the xbox one x is still more powerful? It would make sense if it did, even if it's at 1080p I'm not complaining

no....... The one X and series are on par for power (from what we know). The One X has about a RX580 gpu (performance wise) and it does not have the hardware like the rx6x00 cards do, or like the 10xx series, 20xx series or 30xx series. It is literally impossible to have RTX on xbox one consoles.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

The Xbox One X will not get any type of Ray Tracing Support since that is a next gen console feature.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

no....... The one X and series are on par for power (from what we know). The One X has about a RX580 gpu (performance wise) and it does not have the hardware like the rx6x00 cards do, or like the 10xx series, 20xx series or 30xx series. It is literally impossible to have RTX on xbox one consoles.

wait i thought 10xx cards didnt have raytracing hardware, and the only way they could run rtx was through inefficient software?

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

1 minute ago, VeganJoy said:

wait i thought 10xx cards didnt have raytracing hardware, and the only way they could run rtx was through inefficient software?

I thought they used hardware in a unintended way. I may be wrong lol.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

I saw crisis remaster had 1080p ray tracing on xbox one x and ps4 pro, unless that's just some fake bullshit

1 minute ago, Nate.t said:

I saw crisis remaster had 1080p ray tracing on xbox one x and ps4 pro, unless that's just some fake bullshit

It doesnt tho, those were ray casts.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I thought they used hardware in a unintended way. I may be wrong lol.

well technically yes but i dunno either lol

2 minutes ago, Nate.t said:

crysis remastered is wildly intensive, is it not? sounds like fake bullshittery

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Wa

4 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

well technically yes but i dunno either lol

crysis remastered is wildly intensive, is it not? sounds like fake bullshittery

Watch a few youtube videos, you can find some with decent gameplay, it just really doesn't look like ray tracing, but that's what they called it

Because no one has managed to answer the OP's questions correctly, I'll attempt to:

The Xbox One X doesn't have dedicated hardware support for ray-tracing and any related rendering methods. That doesn't mean developers can't write software methods of tracing cones, rays, etc. in a game engine that's hardware-agnostic. This is what Crysis Remastered does in its Ray Tracing Mode: it renders out ray-traced reflections on certain surfaces via a software implementation of those functions that the CryEngine offers.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

well said, im bad with words lol. i thought software-based raytraced effects were horrendously inefficient, which is why 1080s/1080tis arent feasible for games with rtx?

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

Just now, VeganJoy said:

well said, im bad with words lol. i thought software-based raytraced effects were horrendously inefficient, which is why 1080s/1080tis arent feasible for games with rtx?

Well, yes and no. It wholly depends on how the developer writes what they want to do. Crytek has poured a lot of effort and resources into making sure its software implementation of ray-tracing not only works well, but works quick. I'm assuming that the way they handle it in the engine is it doesn't shoot out a lot of rays but is filtered so it looks good and not super grainy.

The way it's implemented on PC is actually really unusual: the game itself runs under DX11 but utilizes Vulkan to handle any RT calculations. It'll run in software if needed but if there's hardware support for ray-tracing with the GPU in question, it'll handle all of that in hardware.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Well, yes and no. It wholly depends on how the developer writes what they want to do. Crytek has poured a lot of effort and resources into making sure its software implementation of ray-tracing not only works well, but works quick. I'm assuming that the way they handle it in the engine is it doesn't shoot out a lot of rays but is filtered so it looks good and not super grainy.

The way it's implemented on PC is actually really unusual: the game itself runs under DX11 but utilizes Vulkan to handle any RT calculations. It'll run in software if needed but if there's hardware support for ray-tracing with the GPU in question, it'll handle all of that in hardware.

thats pretty interesting, ill have to look into that some more. thanks for elaborating!

topics i need help on:

Spoiler