Bottlenecks?

Signite

I currently have a Ryzen 5 2600, and a Geforce Gtx 1060 3GB, I'm planning to upgrade to a 2060, Just wondering if this will cause a huge bottleneck with my CPU. I plan on doing High-End Gaming. 144 refresh rate, 1080p... Any suggestions on if I should upgrade CPU first? if so what too? I currently am using a Gigabyte B450M DS3H Motherboard. Managing 50-60 FPS at the lowest is desired.

Thanks in advance for any replies. It would be greatly appreciated!

21 minutes ago, Signite said:

Managing 50-60 FPS at the lowest is desired.

Your current PC should be able to achieve this in almost every game on high/medium settings 1080p

What games do you play? What's the GPU and CPU usage like?

But to answer if 2060 is a good upgrade and if it'll cause any issues:

Nah, it'll be fine

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Please of info around for this stuff but here it goes.

nope no problem. go for it. most games are far more depending on GPU than CPU and you have a fine CPU. newer titles utilize CPU more but isnt that spread out yet.

But why buy a 2060, its not much faster than 1060 and unless its dirt cheap 30 series is out and alot faster.
hen you say high end gaming, do you mean as in competitive esports title. or actually wanting good graphics in games with a bit lower fps.
i do get you mention 50-60 fps iam just a bit unsure of your goal.

5 minutes ago, Ajukrezi said:

Please of info around for this stuff but here it goes.

nope no problem. go for it. most games are far more depending on GPU than CPU and you have a fine CPU. newer titles utilize CPU more but isnt that spread out yet.

But why buy a 2060, its not much faster than 1060 and unless its dirt cheap 30 series is out and alot faster.
hen you say high end gaming, do you mean as in competitive esports title. or actually wanting good graphics in games with a bit lower fps.
i do get you mention 50-60 fps iam just a bit unsure of your goal.

A bit of both competitive esports titles but also looking for good graphics in games. I was planning on the 2060 due to money it’s around 310 USD, what card would you suggest? 

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Your current PC should be able to achieve this in almost every game on high/medium settings 1080p

What games do you play? What's the GPU and CPU usage like?

But to answer if 2060 is a good upgrade and if it'll cause any issues:

Nah, it'll be fine

I am currently playing Ark, rocket league, smite, valorant, Plan on playing new world on release, gpu of corse while gaming sits at 99, Cpu usage around 60 or 70 

3 minutes ago, Signite said:

I am currently playing Ark, rocket league, smite, valorant, Plan on playing new world on release, gpu of corse while gaming sits at 99, Cpu usage around 60 or 70 

A 2060 is a decent upgrade, especially if you can sell that 1060 to cover up part of the cost

But in single threaded games you might not see much improvement if your CPU overall usage is already 60-70%

You can crank up graphical setting to utilise the GPU more though, so no issue there

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

48 minutes ago, Signite said:

A bit of both competitive esports titles but also looking for good graphics in games. I was planning on the 2060 due to money it’s around 310 USD, what card would you suggest? 

3070 is already out 15/10-2020 so cant be long before the 3060 is out and its seems the 30 series is quite a good upgrade.
i would and look at 30 series cards