Need help finding a special video cable (USA)

Radium_Angel

The case the PC is in, is a Phanteks Evolv Shift, and as such, when the top lid closes (which is where all the ports are) the standard DIV cable I use on my 1050 Ti, won't fit.

But in the interest of maximum air flow, and minimal obstruction, I'd like to go with HDMI, and specifically a right-angled (90 degree) HDMI cable, but the connection end to the monitor must be DVI (as that's all the monitor supports)

But finding a right-angle HDMI to DVI cable (not an adapter) is proving difficult to find from the main sellers (Amazon, Newegg, eBay)

Any help here?

PS. could also be a right-angle DisplayPort, as the video card has that connection too. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

is there any reason you can not use all of the low profile and right angle dvi cables that show up everywhere for sale?

Is there a reason you can't do right angle HDMI to HDMI and then the HDMI female to DVI adapter on the monitor side?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

is there any reason you can not use all of the low profile and right angle dvi cables that show up everywhere for sale?

Just now, Lurick said:

Is there a reason you can't do right angle HDMI to HDMI and then the HDMI female to DVI adapter on the monitor side?

I suppose I could, I just find using an adapter to be clunky and inelegant.

But if it is my only option....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

I suppose I could, I just find using an adapter to be clunky and inelegant.

But if it is my only option....

Yah, a single cable is usually my go to but in this case it might not be an option short of a special order something or other :(

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Yah, a single cable is usually my go to but in this case it might not be an option short of a special order something or other :(

More than fair assessment. I found a right-angle DVI to DVI, and ordered it, but the cable is so thick it gets in the way of mobo connectors, so that's still out.

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I just find using an adapter to be clunky and inelegant.

use a normal case then as that's even more simple than the current case

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

use a normal case then as that's even more simple than the current case

Not really an option, as the location for the computer pretty much demanded a vertical case. And replacing the case and making room for it is going to cost way more than getting a special cable

I hate to say it, but yeah, an adapter is about the best you're gonna do for an HDMI to DVI end. Finding a right-angle HDMI cable won't be that difficult, nor is finding a right-angle HDMI piece and an HDMI to DVI cable, but you aren't finding a right-angle HDMI to DVI cable. Too niche and specific for most uses.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

You can buy cables like these, and then use a regular HDMI-DVI or HDMI-HDMI cable or dvi-hdmi adapter :

image.png.df7ee56ae4a1bf3a761448d5705dcb07.png

P568-006-RA2 Tripp Lite | Cable Assemblies | DigiKey

image.png.fa3f95e6dce05bba12d2804602ed936f.png

P568-006-RA Tripp Lite | Cable Assemblies | DigiKey

image.png.d29ba2970b9ea2f0e7fdacad0d564c6b.png

P568-003-SW Tripp Lite | Cable Assemblies | DigiKey

also hdmi-hdmi adapter for right angle:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/tripp-lite/P142-000-UP/TL1216-ND/4438807

image.png.7c98bb9b980e5283b60e286308d0eb61.png