So who here managed to pre-order a Series X or S?

Kawaii Koneko

So pre-orders went live this morning and seemed to sell out extremely fast. I tried pre-ordering from Wal-Mart within probably five minutes after it going live on their site and they were already sold out. Amazon didn't come online until I think like an hour later maybe? Best Buy sold out pretty fast as well but I noticed the MS store had the option to pre-order for quite some time. Makes sense as they probably kept more stock for themselves. I still don't know what is going on with Newegg. They must be waiting for later in the day because they still don't have a proper product page.

It seems like the financing option is still available, at least for certain retailers. It is actually a little cheaper to finance as there appears to be no interest. MS must be eating that cost as the financing is being handled by a third party.

Anyway, I was fortunate enough to pre-order a Series X in the end so I'm pretty happy about that. I went with the upfront purchase option, not the finance/subscription option.

So did anyone else pre-order or is hoping to pre-order yet from a place like Newegg? How as your experience?

Do you think we will see some official numbers? From the sounds of things Covid really caused Sony issues with production but MS seemed to play it off somewhat. I'm wondering if they actually had more stock and they are going to use this to brag over Sony that they sold more units, even if it is only because they had more to sell lol.

20 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

So is did anyone else pre-order

I had one in my target cart but by the time I was able to submit purchase it was no longer available.  Granted my internet is complete garbage so the whole check out process took 10-15 minutes.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x, X570 ASUS Prime Pro, 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz CL16,

EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27" 1080P @ 280hz and LG CX 4k tv

Hopes and Dreams: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 and Ryzen 9 5950x

Microsoft site kept having errors on their end as I tried to check out from 11 to 11:30ish. After that, I got kicked back to my cart and couldn't get any further as it was sold out. Never actually managed to see it available for preorder anywhere else. 

Thought I had lucked out with an early lunch at work today, usually I wouldn't have been even able to check until 1230. 

I was going to preorder one, but I am waiting until the payment plan details are available in Canada. Splitting the price of the console over 24 months is very attractive, and since I am a gamepass ultimate subscriber anyways, it is nice to get everything together.

I am from Australia, all local retailer sites crashed (as expected) managed to get one directly from Microsoft store 

It depends on country, the UK still has preorder stock, then again the UK is Sony heavy.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

On 9/23/2020 at 8:15 AM, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

It depends on country, the UK still has preorder stock, then again the UK is Sony heavy.

UK is also in the shitter with the entire lockdown thing and instead of giving people money to help out they decided to help McDonalds instead.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?