WAN Show needs active mods ...

Pitboy64

Todays WAN Show was what can only be termed as 'attacked' live by a spammer.
What was continuously dropped was - 'Sub to ONLYUSEmeBLADE - Streaming LIVE Now!'

I dont know if channel ONLYUSEmeBLADE aka Brian Risso, was directly responsible, but he was running a live stream at the time.  It may have been one of his 'fans'.  This wasnt a 'few spammy messages', they were literally in the hundreds of messages.

It may have been a bot spamming group, which means once one was banned, another one popped up instantly.  If this is the case, is there a defence on your end?

It did look like there was an active mod on the WAN Show (Nightbot), but it did not appear that they were doing much.  If there wasn't a mod, maybe a staff person can for the next couple weeks can monitor the show and ban any spammer that may pop up?  That would be great.

Regular watchers really appreciate the chat during the show, and he really wrecked it.

RTX_3080_Scalpers_are_JERKS_-_WAN_Show_September_18_,_2020_-_YouTube_-_2020-09-18_22.22.13.jpg

I saw this and used to watch that guy when I was young. I thought it was hilarious to see a few times but agree with you on the need to stop the spamming.

Nightbot is not moderator, it's both for parroting rules, links, polls and such.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Nightbot is not moderator, it's both for parroting rules, links, polls and such.

Nightbot can be used to ban posting/spamming links and such but I'm not sure how it works on YouTube, only seen it on Twitch.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

As said by @LogicalDrmnightbot is for passive moderation. I do agree with needing any mods at all as I've had annoying experiences with people trolling with politics and stuff like that. maybe @LinusTech @Slick or @jakkuh_t can look into it :)

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

9 hours ago, pm128 said:

i want to be a mod

Mods are chosen by recommendation, there is a criteria that needs to be met, asking to be one is not a way to become one.

Before you ask what the criteria is Ill tell you this, 1. you must be a member of the forum for 2 years. 2. the rest doesn't matter if you do not meet the first.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

17 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Mods are chosen by recommendation, there is a criteria that needs to be met, asking to be one is not a way to become one.

Before you ask what the criteria is Ill tell you this, 1. you must be a member of the forum for 2 years. 2. the rest doesn't matter if you do not meet the first.

Is that for a forum mod or twitch

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

2 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

Is that for a forum mod or twitch

Forum Mod but in twitch I am confident that similar requirements exist.

Linus and Luke prefer trustworthy individuals for moderation and those chosen usually have to show themselves as productive members prior to receiving a recommendation. I would reckon that twitch moderation would mirror req to the discourse channel.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Who reads chat anyway. 

Me rarely, I usually turn off the live chat so I am not distracted from what Linus and Luke or whom ever is hosting, is talking about.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Me rarely, I usually turn off the live chat so I am not distracted from what Linus and Luke or whom ever is hosting, is talking about.

Just never bothered reading it, I usually stop watching or skip through superchats as well. Maybe i'm becoming a grumpy old man. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

6 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Who reads chat anyway. 

There's quite a few people in chat. Most of the time when I'm watching on Twitch, I'm in chat. Other people I know are also. It's kinda like the forum; there's trolls, but most of the time productive and or fun discussion happens