Is the Asus Stirx 3080/3090 worth the extra premium?

So I am, Just like most people it seems like looking to purchase an RTX card, 

I am planning to have this card for many years and wonder if it's worth it to put the extra premium into a strix card?

Example:

MSI / Zotac 3090 goes for 1900 usd for me (With conversion) 

Strix 3090 goes for 2300 usd, 

It's an extra $400 premium.

What makes the Strix so much more expensive?

Their TUF lineup is the same price as the others at 1900

Honestly wait for wave 2, more comprehensive reviews on the aib models will be out and any first wave issues should be ironed out with. And pricing should normalize.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

I normally prefer the Strix models but the premium is too high this time. There are several models $0-50 more that are cooler, quieter and perform 2-4% faster than the FE.  The TUF is one of them.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

I never understand why the strix is the same price as an EVGA or MSI water-cooled card. Probably just the ASUS hype.

There is no way to answer this question without benchmarks or accurate pricing.

The ASUS TUF series for the 3080 is doing quite well for itself though, so it comes down to, how much extra is the STRIX going to be when the second wave hits, and how much performance boost is it over their own TUF line, which was selling for the same price as FE

On 9/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, Exeon said:

There is no way to answer this question without benchmarks or accurate pricing.

The ASUS TUF series for the 3080 is doing quite well for itself though, so it comes down to, how much extra is the STRIX going to be when the second wave hits, and how much performance boost is it over their own TUF line, which was selling for the same price as FE

The TUF is doing great and the Strix in my country is $400 more, I wonder if I can get $400 more value from the strix

27 minutes ago, TriTexas said:

The TUF is doing great and the Strix in my country is $400 more, I wonder if I can get $400 more value from the strix

I very much doubt that, if you are paying 400$ premium you might as well get a 3090 

On 9/20/2020 at 8:49 PM, Exeon said:

I very much doubt that, if you are paying 400$ premium you might as well get a 3090 

I will be getting a 3090, Question on that is if the $400 premium is worth it on a 3090 over other gpu's

I plan on having this GPU until it dies, No plans to update monitors etc

On 9/23/2020 at 9:02 AM, TriTexas said:

I will be getting a 3090, Question on that is if the $400 premium is worth it on a 3090 over other gpu's

I plan on having this GPU until it dies, No plans to update monitors etc

I would advise against it if it's for pure gaming

Here are the benchmarks:

7% faster on 1440p

10% faster on 4K

For the low extra price of 110% more than the MSRP for the 3080

Unless you need it for video editing or anything where the VRAM matters it's not worth it.