PC is BSOD-ing all over the place

BumbleBeerus

My PC has been getting way too many BSOD's, especially when playing games. I've had more than one error pop up for me:
- System Service Exception
- Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal (Once with an NVIDIA Driver and another with tcpip.sys)

- Memory Management

These are the most common I've been experiencing, and before those I used to get Event ID 41 Task Category 63 errors that would completely freeze my PC without BSOD.

PC specs:

i5 9400F

MSI Z-390 Gaming Plus Motherboard

Intel Stock Cooler

2x8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666 MHz

MSI Twin Force 7 GeForce RTX 2060

Kingston 256 GB M.2 SSD

Seagate 1TB Hard Drive 7.2k

NZXT H700 Mid-Tower Case

450 W PSU

Memory Management makes me think memory controller could be going bad,Ram slot/slots or ram it self

That's what I thought too, but a memtest told me nothing was wrong. I haven't tried taking out RAM sticks one by one, so that's probably next on my list. 

Since you have only two sticks of ram, are they in slots 2 and 4, or slots 1 and 3?  With only two sticks, you want to put them in slots 2 and 4.   All your drivers up to date I figure, what about the BIOS?  If you do decide to do a driver make-over, use DDU to remove the old drivers first before installing the new.

Good Luck

The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles.   William Penn

9 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Since you have only two sticks of ram, are they in slots 2 and 4, or slots 1 and 3?  With only two sticks, you want to put them in slots 2 and 4.   All your drivers up to date I figure, what about the BIOS?  If you do decide to do a driver make-over, use DDU to remove the old drivers first before installing the new.

Good Luck

The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles.   William Penn

Slots 2 and 4, I'm pretty sure their placement isn't wrong. I have no prior experience with updating BIOS, so I don't really know. I've thought of doing a driver makeover, but again, no prior experience.

Edit: Just got ANOTHER BSoD, this time with DRIVER_PORTION_SHOULD_BE_NONPAGED code. Another NVIDIA driver crash.

12 minutes ago, BumbleBeerus said:

Slots 2 and 4, I'm pretty sure their placement isn't wrong. I have no prior experience with updating BIOS, so I don't really know. I've thought of doing a driver makeover, but again, no prior experience.

Edit: Just got ANOTHER BSoD, this time with DRIVER_PORTION_SHOULD_BE_NONPAGED code. Another NVIDIA driver crash.

Bummer.  Have you tried running DxDiag?  Maybe you can get further information than what is just given when the BSOD happens.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe

This tool is used to collect info about devices to help troubleshoot problems with DirectX sound and video. A support person might ask for this info, or you might post it in a forum when you ask for help.

In Windows, select Start  and enter dxdiag into the search box on the taskbar. Select dxdiag from the results.

In the tool, select Save All Information for an easily shared format.

1 hour ago, BumbleBeerus said:

- System Service Exception
- Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal (Once with an NVIDIA Driver and another with tcpip.sys)

- Memory Management

Memory problems are almost certainly indicated.

The first step that I would take would be to run a tool like MemTest86. Is Passmarks MemTest86 what you were referring to in your reply above?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

35 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Memory problems are almost certainly indicated.

The first step that I would take would be to run a tool like MemTest86. Is Passmarks MemTest86 what you were referring to in your reply above?

Yes, I was referring to Passmarks. 

Edit: Here's the DxDiag that kb5 asked for.

DxDiag.txt

4 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Good Luck

Quick update: I did the driver makeover, but after firing up Valorant I got some pretty bad FPS stutter. Is it possible that I did something wrong in DDU?

4 hours ago, BumbleBeerus said:

Quick update: I did the driver makeover, but after firing up Valorant I got some pretty bad FPS stutter. Is it possible that I did something wrong in DDU?

Sorry, but since I wasn't there with you, I have no way of knowing what you did.  And yes, anything is possible when you think about it.

Good luck

On the plus side, I haven't seen an nvidia crash whatsoever now, but the memory management crashes keep coming. I'll try running another test and then taking out the ram.

Edit: in hindsight, i should have done that earlier...

2 and a half days later...

Memtest finished with no errors to report, and System Service Exception and Memory Management crashes keep coming. At this point I genuinely have no clue what's going on.