ram help 3900x

buying
Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite AM4
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

never built a amd rig before so i dont know how they go with ram compatibility 
im looking at 2 ddr4 16gb sticks at 3200 but have no idea what to look into for it

any suggestions or help would be fab

Don't worry about QVL lists, a 3200 cl16/14 kit or a 3600 cl16 kit should do the job. 

Though do you already have this board? It's not bad and it can handle a 3900x but there are other boards that are similarly priced and are a lot better. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

be careful I got the same board but b450 (mby b550 got fixed) I had the issue that RAM wont work stable on even 2933. I tried timings, settings, drive updated, bios update, etc etc. and result is that rams works only on 2866 stable. I tested it on friend PC and rams works on 3200 without any tweaking perfectly fine. So that mobo of mine is at fault.

10 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Don't worry about QVL lists, a 3200 cl16/14 kit or a 3600 cl16 kit should do the job. 

Though do you already have this board? It's not bad and it can handle a 3900x but there are other boards that are similarly priced and are a lot better. 

i have not bought yet it was recommended to me as a solid board, what board would you recommend ?

3 minutes ago, karlos1995 said:

what board would you recommend ?

Budget? If you're going for an mATX build, the b550 mortar and tuf plus are pretty decent, the mortar uses 8 ISL99360's in pairs for the vcore and the tuf plus uses 8 sic638's. 

10 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

be careful I got the same board but b450

These are two different boards. And there could be many things for the cause of that. Not necessarily the board. 

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Budget? If you're going for an mATX build, the b550 mortar and tuf plus are pretty decent, the mortar uses 8 ISL99360's in pairs for the vcore and the tuf plus uses 8 sic638's. 

These are two different boards. And there could be many things for the cause of that. Not necessarily the board. 

Idk what can be other than that, just Im careful with that lineup of the boards B series as its the only things that left not touched in my case.

22 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

everything you said is a bit above my knowledge lol ill deffs look into those 2 tho 
the only real ram ive found that meets what you said without going crazy expensive is this 

https://www.umart.com.au/G-Skill-32GB--2x16GB--F4-3200C16D-32GFX-Flare-X-3200MHz-DDR4-RAM_56006G.html

2 minutes ago, karlos1995 said:

without going crazy expensive is this 

I'm going to assume prices where you live are a litt high. 

But yea any 3200 cl16/14 or a 3600 cl16 kit should do the job for the most part. 

Build Log: