Preparing automatic repair error

One day my cousin was using pc but suddenly there was a power cut . After that everytime he used his pc it used to auto turn off while running and used to lag a lot. So without any knowledge he thought that changing the windows version would solve . So he tried installing windows 7 (from windows 8).
Boot Priority 1.CD 2.HDD = After turning on the pc it shows windows logo and under it , it show preparing automatic repair then black screen with some sentences and then the pc restarts and same thing happens. {Attached video(don't mind the monitor)}
Boot priority 1.HDD = It says no operating system was found .
Please help.

It seems to me like your cousin has somehow messed up installing Windows 7, and has left the system in a state where it can't boot.

Does he have a backup of his data? Because it will make your life an awful lot easier, if so.

You are basically going to have to reinstall the OS from scratch, including wiping anything that was on the machine originally. You may also have to purchase a new Windows license.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

The operating system is totally clusterphucked, for sure.  Let's also figure that since the OS is borked, so is everything else on the machine, including any games, files, documents, pictures, etc.  Bummer, but that's the way it is.

What I would do would be to find a good working machine, get myself a good working USB flash drive at least 8 gigs and then use those two items to get a copy of the Windows Media Creation Tool.  Using the tool will examine the HDD, try to figure out what's going on and then fix the problems.  It will repartition the drive, format the drive, and then reinstall the operating system.  During this process the machine is NOT required to be hooked up to the internet but after all is said and done, and assuming the tool got it going, then you will need to connect to the internet so Windows can download/install any Windows updates.  If the machine is NOT connected to the internet during the fixing process, then you will not be required to enter your activation key during the fix process but you will need the key later on once the machine is connected to the internet.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-10-create-installation-media

Now if that gets everything back to normal, you will still need to install the drivers for things such as your video card, mouse, printer, etc.

The greatest discovery of any generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes.   Albert Schweitzer

4 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

It seems to me like your cousin has somehow messed up installing Windows 7, and has left the system in a state where it can't boot.

Does he have a backup of his data? Because it will make your life an awful lot easier, if so.

You are basically going to have to reinstall the OS from scratch, including wiping anything that was on the machine originally. You may also have to purchase a new Windows license.

Yes , he might have messed up installing windows .

4 hours ago, kb5zue said:

The operating system is totally clusterphucked, for sure.  Let's also figure that since the OS is borked, so is everything else on the machine, including any games, files, documents, pictures, etc.  Bummer, but that's the way it is.

What I would do would be to find a good working machine, get myself a good working USB flash drive at least 8 gigs and then use those two items to get a copy of the Windows Media Creation Tool.  Using the tool will examine the HDD, try to figure out what's going on and then fix the problems.  It will repartition the drive, format the drive, and then reinstall the operating system.  During this process the machine is NOT required to be hooked up to the internet but after all is said and done, and assuming the tool got it going, then you will need to connect to the internet so Windows can download/install any Windows updates.  If the machine is NOT connected to the internet during the fixing process, then you will not be required to enter your activation key during the fix process but you will need the key later on once the machine is connected to the internet.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-10-create-installation-media

Now if that gets everything back to normal, you will still need to install the drivers for things such as your video card, mouse, printer, etc.

The greatest discovery of any generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes.   Albert Schweitzer

Thanks.So, I have to create a bootable usb then try it . I will let you know if that solves the problem or not

12 hours ago, Sadman XR said:

Thanks.So, I have to create a bootable usb then try it . I will let you know if that solves the problem or not

Good luck, wish you the best.

It's rough to go through life with your contents looking as if they settled during shipping.  Milton Berle