First impressions

CMB

Just wanted to say greetings to everyone and appreciate how great this community has been in my short time being a member. Had a question, and was answered within 24 hours. Although the answer wasn't what I wanted to hear, I heeded the advice of those who I'm sure had much more experience than myself. Looking forward to lurking more and learning everything I can so that hopefully I will have enough courage and confidence in a few years to build my next pc myself.

Welcome to the forum!

Glad you have been enjoying the community so far :)

Building a PC is lots of fun. From the planning, to building, to setting it up, etc.

It's a bit of work of course, but in the end you have a machine you can call your own. But you seem to have a great setup going already too :D 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, minibois said:

Welcome to the forum!

Glad you have been enjoying the community so far :)

Building a PC is lots of fun. From the planning, to building, to setting it up, etc.

It's a bit of work of course, but in the end you have a machine you can call your own. But you seem to have a great setup going already too :D 

Thanks man. I'm gonna have to wait many years, no doubt. Wife would kill me if I even mentioned trying to buy another pc lol. Only regret is I didn't put it together myself. If I knew then what little I know now I may have taken the plunge. Just so overwhelming when ur brand new to the game. Looks like u have been on this forum for a good minute.

15 minutes ago, CMB said:

Only regret is I didn't put it together myself. If I knew then what little I know now I may have taken the plunge. Just so overwhelming when ur brand new to the game.

A PC is a PC, something to enjoy regardless of who made it :D

I've found in the past - before I built my own PC - it was fun to help friends out with building their PC.

29 minutes ago, CMB said:

Looks like u have been on this forum for a good minute.

it has been a minute and a half indeed 😳

I just enjoy the community and the forum layout, which made me stay for all this time

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Welcome!

Glad you could find the help you needed and we hope you stick around :D

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 hours ago, minibois said:

A PC is a PC, something to enjoy regardless of who made it :D

I've found in the past - before I built my own PC - it was fun to help friends out with building their PC.

it has been a minute and a half indeed 😳

I just enjoy the community and the forum layout, which made me stay for all this time

All of my friends grew up as console gamers. I'm still trying to show them the error of their ways that I recently learned myself.

I don't think I'll be going anywhere either. Came from a few reddit subs. Guess that's why I felt a lil "less than" for having a prebuilt. 

4 hours ago, Lurick said:

Welcome!

Glad you could find the help you needed and we hope you stick around :D

Appreciate that man definitely an awesome community. Was checking out your profile. Your rig is spec'd out. U got a pic anywhere on this forum? 

2 minutes ago, CMB said:

Appreciate that man definitely an awesome community. Was checking out your profile. Your rig is spec'd out. U got a pic anywhere on this forum? 

Yah, the latest build is in the Hyperion thread in my signature (click on Show More just above and to the right of the ! report icon)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: