LG tone ads with Linus' face

Djallx

Heyo,

wasn't really sure where to post this, so throwing it in general. Just saw an ad on Instagram from dutch LG with Linus' face and endorsement.

Is this legit?

2020-09-12 23.49.59.jpg

2020-09-12 23.50.07.jpg

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke

Hmmm, it does make me wonder if they cleared it with him or his people first with such a short quote that feels generic to the point of evasion.  But I haven't watched the video so perhaps he himself sees them as an actual competitor and they aren't just words he ended up saying.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Yeah, nothing wrong with a quote. This whole ad is based around his face and brand tho...

@LinusTech said something on WAN a while back about companies using his fame, just wanted to be sure :)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke

4 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

It's not on their website, might be an instafake thing.

Doubt it, its the verified dutch LG account. It does seem to be thrown through a translator, as 'Free' is translated as 'Gratis', which in Dutch means 'does not cost anything' instead of the freedom counterpart

Added the link:

@Applefreak i dont think so honestly because is sponsored on instagram for what i see in the pic and its not usual that any account on ig gets sponsored like that to be honest with you 

1 minute ago, Lesantir_12 said:

@Applefreak i dont think so honestly because is sponsored on instagram for what i see in the pic and its not usual that any account on ig gets sponsored like that to be honest with you 

I can't look at it on instagram (not a member, no facebook either). Just curious that the main website does not mention it at all. Maybe Linus is not as ad friendly for their main audience, just the young people on instagram. 

yeah it honestly depends on stuff like that, Honestly is kinda lke youtube's algorithim works in misterious ways 

13 minutes ago, Lesantir_12 said:

That's not true, sponsored content on Instagram is just any ad someone places on the platform. It's not specialized to big companies. Unless you're referring to the "Verified" badge next to the username, in which case your statement only becomes slightly true.

Verification is extremely easy to receive in the case that you know the right people and have a good reason. If you have a connection with any business that is a publishing company or news source, or are able to show some sort of connection with an organization that can send an official email requesting verification due to a reasonable need such as the deterrent of copy-cat accounts or ease of access for searching users to find your account due to your status, you can get Verified. 

Simp for Monitors and Home Theater. CompSci College Student. Looking for Internships!

Yeah I'm not sure on this one. Normally when LMG do any sort of paid endorsement or advertisement with a multinational company, they usually use the North American social media accounts because statistics show the majority of views on all LMG channels are from North America. To have it posted on the Dutch account seems odd to me. Sure there are people from the Netherlands who do watch LTT, I'm not denying that but compared to U.S/Canadian viewer figures the number is small and insignificant to be truthful. Does anyone know if this was posted on LG's North American account? Cause if it wasn't then it kind of defeats the object of being an advertisement since it can't reach the mass audience.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

It seems legit. I know Linus and lg have a good relationship, so they obviously wouldn't want to ruin it

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Came across the same image couple days ago - started wondering the same with the word ‘free’ in it haha 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

This has been discussed before, but let me say it yet again.

Linus MEDIA Group

They have done ads before, and still AFAIK do them for their sponsors. This also could be part of their sponsorship agreement where they do sponsored video and then company uses that video as part of their advertising.

So as long as the account doing it is verified and official for the company in question, and that company has been doing sponsored videos with LMG in past, you can just assume its fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

i Understand Completly and and bit more thanks @LogicalDrm for that Answer Also LMG has done many sponsorships before with LG So We Completely understand And Also The Actual Awareness that us as viewers We Might have on stuff related to ltt They Have Done An Amazing job over the years and im happy to see the comunity grow more over the years i have been watching since lmg started on linus house then on the langleigh house in the super famous kitchen set and now in the actual studio 

If I Wrote Something bad excuse me my english is not the best but always try your best and do your best work