Could use NVME SSD for $150-200ish suggestions

So I'm planning a new rig for Zen 3 and (probably) and RTX 3080 (depending on what AMD releases). Figured I'd build a nice system because I have the money and I do photography/video/design work on top of gaming. What are some of the best choices out there for NVME SSDs between the $150-200ish price point for 1tb? At first I was going to go with a Samsung 970 Evo, but then changd my mind and was going to go with a Sabrent Rocket 4.0. Was wondering if I could get people's thoughts on these two drives or other possible good choices out there. There are so many SSDs to choose from that I've been getting overwhelmed looking at the options and suggestions would be much apprecaited. The build is going to end up being a Ryzen 9 with the updated replacement for the 3900x unless AMD changes up the offerings

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4

Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4

Sabrent Rocket 4.0

all these are gen 4 pcie and are faster than the 970 evo

Does a lack of cache matter on the Sabrent 4.0? That's the reason I started to second guess myself on picking that drive. This'll be a boot drive I'd likely have for a solid 6 years (that's an educated guess based on my previous builds). 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VXyqqs/silicon-power-a80-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-su001tbp34a80m28ab

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QQrmP6/western-digital-sn750-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-wds100t3x0c

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zR3H99/adata-sx8200-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-asx8200pnp-1tt-c

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PyhKHx/hp-ex950-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-5ms23aaabc

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/N7zkcf/sabrent-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-sb-rocket-1tb

The Sabrent Rocket is already kind of overpriced considering the others are on par in terms of performance, but I threw it in there just as another alternative.

All of the above are very similar to the 970 Evo, it's just that you're not paying the Samsung tax. I'm using an SX8200 Pro in my personal system, for reference, and it's solid. (the EX950 uses the same controller and is pretty much the same)

If you want to go with a PCIe 4.0 drive, just get the cheapest out of what @boggy77's listed, though do note that for just a little more money you can get a 2TB 3.0 drive, and if we're talking about real-world workloads, you're not going to notice a difference.

If you're constantly video editing and working with massive files, and need the best possible timeline performance - sure. Otherwise a 3.0 drive will work just as well.

Just now, SnakeEater said:

Does a lack of cache matter on the Sabrent 4.0? That's the reason I started to second guess myself on picking that drive. This'll be a boot drive I'd likely have for a solid 6 years (that's an educated guess based on my previous builds). 

All of those drives use the same controller (Phison E16), and they all have a DRAM cache.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

15 minutes ago, SnakeEater said:

photography/video/design work

get a WD SN750, best bang for the buck out of all your options for those kinds of files sizes

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D