Gigabyte Gaming vs. Eagle?

So I've never owned a Gigabyte card, but I'm planning to get a 3080 and am leaning towards their cards. There's the EAGLE OC and GAMING OC, whereas the GAMING costs a bit more... I tried comparing them but couldn't find any differences. Is it like ASUS, where ROG cards have better cooling and costs more than TUF? I understand no one knows how these new cards will perform but have previous EAGLE cards been worse than GAMING? Note that I am not planning to overclock. Does anyone have any experience with these series? Thanks in advance!

The cooling system seems to be the exact same. These are the only three differences I could find between the cards:

1. The plastic GPU shroud design is slightly different.

2. You get an extended 4 year warranty on the GAMING cards

3. A toggleable 'silent mode', which gigabyte claims should 'provide a quieter experience'. Again this is feature is only present on the GAMING series.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:15 AM, Shakesbeer said:

The cooling system seems to be the exact same. These are the only three differences I could find between the cards:

1. The plastic GPU shroud design is slightly different.

2. You get an extended 4 year warranty on the GAMING cards

3. A toggleable 'silent mode', which gigabyte claims should 'provide a quieter experience'. Again this is feature is only present on the GAMING series.

Makes you think if there's a "catch" with the EAGLE card since it doesn't have as good warranty... 🤔

On 9/12/2020 at 2:02 PM, RonnyDouglas said:

Makes you think if there's a "catch" with the EAGLE card since it doesn't have as good warranty... 🤔

It appears their Eagle cards are their "budget" edition of each line. It's the lowest spec, clockspeed, warranty, etc. So the most budget-conscious gamers would go with that version of the card likely.

As they get into higher clocks / overclocking, they charge more, and offer extended warranties (which makes sense, as you might wear out your card faster with a higher-than-default clock).