Can my Omen 880 -556 be upgraded for the new RTX series cards?

Hello Everybody,

My name is Keitaroc and i finally decide to join this forum after years of consuming Linus content on Youtube.

Even though that i consider myself a member of the Pc Master Race, i feel like my current system , a prebuilt Omen 880 .556 with a i78700 k , 16 gb of DDR4 ram, a 256 ssd and a tera of HDD is lacking in the Gpu compartment .

i do have actually a Gtx 1060 (seeing it from the inside of the case i can tell that my gpu is the cheapest version possible of the bunch).

Said so, i actually began of thinking of an upgrade by september of last year, improving my gpu sector by buying a rtx 2070.

Thank God i didn't !!

With the announcement of the Ampere Rtx Cards i think it is finally time that i finally upgrade my gpu to something like the RTX 3070 (maybe 3080 i am not sure)

So here is the reason of why i am here .

I know that i might need to change some things , some of which i am  interely sure of ..which are :

The PSU- change to a 750 w unit modular if possible .

and of course the Case to support a more stable airflow.

SO now begins my guest for answers: should i change the motherboard (which you willl see looks kinda cheap) and the cooling system of the Cpu also ? Maybe change the cooling system for a radiator of some kind?

i will now Put  a link with all my specs and pictures of my actual setup (i guess one  of the few advantages of having a prebuilt is how easy is to find pictures and info about your system without becoming crazy)

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c06201325

i would really appreciate if i can get some answers. ( ALSO if i messed up the subforum and missed the right one, i apologize, it is my first post after all .Sorry for any grammar errors, English is not my first nor my second language)

Best regard though!

from what I recall, those Omen PCs have a decent 550 watt unit in them, which would suffice for a 3070. 

15 minutes ago, keitaroc said:

SO now begins my guest for answers: should i change the motherboard (which you willl see looks kinda cheap) and the cooling system of the Cpu also ? Maybe change the cooling system for a radiator of some kind?

once you're changing that much you might wanna just change everything. A new Ryzen CPU would give you a really good upgrade path in the future, with some more affordable motherboard options.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Pretty sure a rtx 3070 will be able to run with your 500w power supply and since the case is closed anyway who cares how the mobo looks as long as it works there is no reason to replace a 8700k wtf 

Just stick with upgrading the GPU. The rest of your system is perfectly fine and you would see little to no benefit in gaming with a CPU upgrade.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20