***SOLVED*** Just got another monitor (ASUS PA248Q). Why are my colors so off?

WunderWuffle
Go to solution Solved by Geekazoid,

@WunderWuffle, you may have to RMA it if you have the exact same settings on both. My only thought would be to get the new monitor out of sRGB mode and into the user mode and try an adjust your colours there. You might even need to push the colour blue up a bit more to get them looking the same.

Just a quick question though, did you use a hardware calibrator to calibrate them or just some calibration software? 

I just got another ASUS PA248Q, but the colors on the monitor are really off compared to my other one. I have both of them in sRGB mode, which should be the most color accurate mode, but the new one has a very strong yellow tint to the colors. I am very annoyed by this, and despite he fact that these monitors are factory calibrated, that bugs me even more. All of my color settings are the same.

post-17906-0-20565100-1394157065_thumb.j

As you can see, the one on the right is my new monitor. I think you guys can see that the monitor has a very obvious yellow tint in the white. I hope someone has an idea on how to fix this. 

***EDIT*** The only color options that I can change in sRGB mode is the brightness, sharpness, and trace free.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

you used the other one so much its started to ware out? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Try manually changing the white balance 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Did you go through the OSD and match all of the settings?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

the new one is the one with a yellow tint. are u suggesting that using the monitor waring it out makes the whites nicer? xD

beebskadoo, on 06 Mar 2014 - 8:53 PM, said:

^^^ This. A little playing with my Dell E176FP and it looks as color-accurate as most new TN's.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

the new one is the one with a yellow tint. are u suggesting that using the monitor waring it out makes the whites nicer? xD

i dont know then its weird never seen this before 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I edited my OP, guys. I still can't find any other options that might help...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Make it stupid bright and sharp?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

@WunderWuffle, you may have to RMA it if you have the exact same settings on both. My only thought would be to get the new monitor out of sRGB mode and into the user mode and try an adjust your colours there. You might even need to push the colour blue up a bit more to get them looking the same.

Just a quick question though, did you use a hardware calibrator to calibrate them or just some calibration software? 

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Both are factory calibrated so I didn't do anything.

I really don't want to try to RMA it, but If I can't get it to be the same by changing options in the User Modes, I guess the only option left if to RMA it... :(

Both are factory calibrated so I didn't do anything.

I really don't want to try to RMA it, but If I can't get it to be the same by changing options in the User Modes, I guess the only option left if to RMA it... :(

Well unfortunately mate sometimes you get a dud monitor. It's happened to me and it's flammin' annoying when it does.

I've been kind of sick of certain IPS display problems that I've thought about going with a VA monitor because, although they're not as accurate, you don't seem to get the problems you do with IPS displays (like in your case, yellow tinting). 

Well unfortunately mate sometimes you get a dud monitor. It's happened to me and it's flammin' annoying when it does.

I've been kind of sick of certain IPS display problems that I've thought about going with a VA monitor because, although they're not as accurate, you don't seem to get the problems you do with IPS displays (like in your case, yellow tinting). 

I'm getting VERY close to the other monitor. I don't think I'll need to RMA it. It is almost identical, but to make sure, I need to test it some more. :)

I'm getting VERY close to the other monitor. I don't think I'll need to RMA it. It is almost identical, but to make sure, I need to test it some more. :)

use it for about 2 weeks and see if its like a burn-in kind of affect.

You should post another photo so we can all, as well as you, compare them both (before and after your adjustments). Good luck to you mate! :D

@WunderWuffle, I know what the problem is. You just need to take the screen off and clean the other side. It's just dirty. :P (joking).

you arent using f.lux by any chance are you? xD

man that is weird i dont really know. but u could probably manually change some settings so they look the same

Did you go through the OSD and match all of the settings?

^^^ This. A little playing with my Dell E176FP and it looks as color-accurate as most new TN's.

i dont know then its weird never seen this before 

Make it stupid bright and sharp?

use it for about 2 weeks and see if its like a burn-in kind of affect.

You should post another photo so we can all, as well as you, compare them both (before and after your adjustments). Good luck to you mate! :D

@WunderWuffle, I know what the problem is. You just need to take the screen off and clean the other side. It's just dirty. :P (joking).

Thank you so much for your help, guys. I greatly appreciate it. :)

Here's a before and after.

post-17906-0-42289200-1394160813_thumb.j post-17906-0-07594300-1394160831_thumb.j

Yaaaaaay :)

Did manually adjusting it fix it?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Yaaaaaay :)

Did manually adjusting it fix it?

Yes. I had to change the gain of the new monitor.

Thank you so much for your help, guys. I greatly appreciate it. :)

Here's a before and after.

attachicon.gifsecuredownload.jpg attachicon.gifsecuredownload (1).jpg

Looks to me as though you need to tone down the red a little. The new one looks a tad to reddish to me.

Looks to me as though you need to tone down the red a little. The new one looks a tad to reddish to me.

I'll try that.

***EDIT*** Yeah, reducing the red made the monitor look better. Thanks for the tip.

Ah, nice job, man. You don't have to RMA your nice new monitor. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

I'll try that.

***EDIT*** Yeah, reducing the red made the monitor look better. Thanks for the tip.

Ah nice! Can ya post one final pic so we can see your perfectly calibrated displays as they are now?

I promise no more pic requests after this. :D

Ah, nice job, man. You don't have to RMA your nice new monitor. :D

Yeah, I figured that there must've been a simple solution. But there isn't always.....unfortunately.