***SOLVED*** Just got another monitor (ASUS PA248Q). Why are my colors so off?

WunderWuffle
Go to solution Solved by Geekazoid,

@WunderWuffle, you may have to RMA it if you have the exact same settings on both. My only thought would be to get the new monitor out of sRGB mode and into the user mode and try an adjust your colours there. You might even need to push the colour blue up a bit more to get them looking the same.

Just a quick question though, did you use a hardware calibrator to calibrate them or just some calibration software? 

Yeah, I figured that there must've been a simple solution. But there isn't always.....unfortunately.

http://gyazo.com/303358edb58a99f2390361c781f70464

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

-snip-

It's good to see you managed to fix it but those sRGB modes SHOULD be the same. But there is always going to be differences between two displays (even if they're the same). What I would suggest you do if you're really fussy about colour accuracy is to have a look at this review of your monitor by Simon Baker over at TFT Central, a well known reviewer, located here » (http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_pa248q.htm) and look at his OSD settings and use his ICC display profiles. The profiles are located here » (http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm) and scroll down to you see you're display model. You'll notice directly under it that there is a similar model, PA248QJ. This is the exact same model but it comes equipped with a Datacolor Spyder4Express hardware display calibrator. You could try having both your displays in sRGB mode and use his calibrated and suggested settings on both and see how you like it.

I hope that is helpful. Once again mate, good luck to ya.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Yes. I had to change the gain of the new monitor.

I am considering the same setup, how has your experience been with the PA248Q? do you think its a better choice than the Dell's Ultrasharps in the similar price range?

I am considering the same setup, how has your experience been with the PA248Q? do you think its a better choice than the Dell's Ultrasharps in the similar price range?

One very annoying thing with Dell monitors is that you can't adjust the pixel OD like you can on ASUS's monitors which is called "Trace Free" and so if a dell monitor had too much overshoot then you're COL (crap out of luck) of fixing it but on an ASUS monitor you are able to fix this quite easily.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

One very annoying thing with Dell monitors is that you can't adjust the pixel OD like you can on ASUS's monitors which is called "Trace Free" and so if a dell monitor had too much overshoot then you're COL (crap out of luck) of fixing it but on an ASUS monitor you are able to fix this quite easily.

Have you had any experience with the Dell U2414H? How much better is the PA248Q.. Because, I am questioning and willing to sacrifice a bit of performance for the slim bezel and aesthetically pleasing design compared to the PA248Q.

• 1 year later...
On 3/7/2014 at 9:04 PM, WunderWuffle said:

I'll try that.

***EDIT*** Yeah, reducing the red made the monitor look better. Thanks for the tip.

I have the exact same monitors and the exact same problem. The newer monitor I got has a slight yellow hue just like your picture. Did your monitor's yellow hue fade away over time? This reminds me of the iphone screen when people were complaining of yellow tint because the glue wasn't fully cured. After a while when the glue cured, the yellow would fade away. Though I'm not sure if that applies for desktop monitors all that much, but I'm hopeful.

11 hours ago, ChackieJan said:

I have the exact same monitors and the exact same problem. The newer monitor I got has a slight yellow hue just like your picture. Did your monitor's yellow hue fade away over time? This reminds me of the iphone screen when people were complaining of yellow tint because the glue wasn't fully cured. After a while when the glue cured, the yellow would fade away. Though I'm not sure if that applies for desktop monitors all that much, but I'm hopeful.

You just revived a almost year old topic mate. One that's solved even... dam..