Corsair LL120 vs Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3

KT1578

I'm going to be building a PC based around the RTX 3080 which will be primarily used for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and a few other games, and currently I am stuck on what fans to buy.

I am unsure if I will overclock my CPU or not in the future, but I am planning on buying a good AIO cooler in case I do, namely the Corsair H115i Pro, as I have heard it is an excellent performer and fairly quiet.

I have heard the Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 are very quiet and good performers, which will be good for the case I am using: the Meshify C, as since it is a very open case without much/any sound insulation, and I do not want a very loud PC. 

However, I also want my PC to look good and I was originally planning on getting a 3 pack of Corsair LL120 RGB fans, 1 at the rear and 2 on top (the rad from the H115i will go at the front). I believe that these fans have pretty good performance too for airflow and temps, but I don't know how loud they are, and if it is worth getting them for the aesthetics in a case such as the Meshify C. Would the LL120s be a lot louder to achieve the same temps and airflow as the Silent Wings 3?

I know the case fans aren't exactly similar, especially considering one is an RGB fan and the other prioritizes performance and silence, but I do not know if sacrificing the aesthetics of the LL120s would really be worth it over the Silent Wings 3 in the Meshify C case, considering its air flow is already exceptional and the fans should not need to spin at such a high RPM (correct me if I'm wrong please). 

Basically, here are my questions:

1. How do the Corsair LL120 fans compare with the Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 in terms of temperature and airflow?

2. How do they compare in terms of noise levels for both to achieve the same performance?

3. Would either fan be very loud in the Meshify C? Especially considering the case's very high rated airflow?

4. Would it be worth replacing the fans on the Corsair H115i Pro for either better noise levels or better temperatures/airflow?

5. Do I really need the Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 for quiet performance over the LL120s or will the difference be negligible?

if you're concerned about noise and airflow, i wouldn't get the LL fans, i learned that the hard way.

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

3 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

if you're concerned about noise and airflow, i wouldn't get the LL fans, i learned that the hard way.

are they really that bad? and wouldn't the Meshify C make their job much easier too? or is that still irrelevant 

Just now, KT1578 said:

are they really that bad? and wouldn't the Meshify C make their job much easier too? or is that still irrelevant 

well, they are functional, but if you want a lot of airflow, they get kinda noisy. conversely, if you want quiet they don't have the best airflow. they are definitely beautiful fans, it just really depends on what's the most important to you.

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

im pretty sure that the h110i comes with ml pro fans.  If you really want rgb fans that are quiet and presumably be corsair to stick in there eco system, then get ml pro rgb.  I have the standard ml pros and i love them.  I replaced all my case fans with them. They also happen to be good for radiators as well

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

3 hours ago, GrockleTD said:

well, they are functional, but if you want a lot of airflow, they get kinda noisy. conversely, if you want quiet they don't have the best airflow. they are definitely beautiful fans, it just really depends on what's the most important to you.

2 hours ago, xdeathshot20 said:

im pretty sure that the h110i comes with ml pro fans.  If you really want rgb fans that are quiet and presumably be corsair to stick in there eco system, then get ml pro rgb.  I have the standard ml pros and i love them.  I replaced all my case fans with them. They also happen to be good for radiators as well

I thought about the ML120s too but I am not much of a fan on their looks after seeing them in other builds. However, I did just discover another fan: the Corsair QL120. How does this compare in terms of both noise and performance to the LL120s? Also came across the Corsair ICUE SP120s, same questions as above about those too.

Also since I am using the Meshify C case doesn't that mean the fans will spin slower and softer because of the better airflow in the case? Although I am still not sure how loud LL120 fans are