I love this place

chippu

Whenever it comes to asking for problems, I look towards Reddit. For things like game communities (i.e. r/residentevil) its fine, people on there are nice and tell you what you want.

But when it comes to tech questions, I have been asking on r/buildapc. For example, I would ask "What board is better: MSI Tomahawk MAX or Asus ROG STRIX Gaming?". Mostly cause those 2 boards are what I'm deciding between and I can't spend 150-200 dollars on a motherboard. But instead of telling me the pros and cons of each and giving me recommendations, they just say "Get a b550 board" (out of my budget) or "get an matx board" (Last MATX board I used the SATA ports were blocked by the GPU and I like the comfort and space in an ATX) And I got so god damn sick of it. Post after post of responses not giving me answers, just bashing what I want/need.

That was until I found this place. I love this place and you guys. Every response so far has been helpful and actually relate to my question, and while I don't watch that much LTT, I can confidently say this site he made has been nothing but a great experience so far. 

Thank you all!

Reddit is absolutely terrible. One of the worst placed imaginable. Everything is the same 10 year old recycled garbage with meta template memes filling up every board and 0.01% of accounts moderating the entire front page subreddits.

10 minutes ago, Joseph K said:

Reddit is absolutely terrible. One of the worst placed imaginable. Everything is the same 10 year old recycled garbage with meta template memes filling up every board and 0.01% of accounts moderating the entire front page subreddits.

Yeah. Like I said game subreddits are fine, not the best but it doesn't hurt my soul to go on them.

Everywhere else though...

Yay! LTT forums rules!

18 minutes ago, chippu said:

Yeah. Like I said game subreddits are fine, not the best but it doesn't hurt my soul to go on them.

Everywhere else though...

The game subreddits are the worst in my experience. It's like the epitome of garbage 2000s geek humour and soy consumerism in those places.

29 minutes ago, Joseph K said:

The game subreddits are the worst in my experience. It's like the epitome of garbage 2000s geek humour and soy consumerism in those places.

Huh. Like I said in my post, the only real gaming subreddits I'm subscribed to are Resident Evil & Silent Hill. Than again, most of the posts on those subreddits are Fanart/Cosplay, News, and Game-related questions. 

Yeah, LLT forums are pretty solid. Definitely a forum I visit everyday religiously.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Truly is an epic place.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

On 9/6/2020 at 3:13 AM, Joseph K said:

You just need to find some good subs and block the crap ones, but yeah, without doing anything, Reddit is quite bad as a forum.

17 hours ago, WikiForce said:

reddit is also shit for removing pretty normal looking posts

That's a problem with the moderators of subs, not the platform itself.

In real life, I act like I know less about tech than I actually do.

Main build: CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Black Edition @ 4,0GHz (Cooler Master 212) | GPU: MSI RX580 8Gb | RAM: 12Gb DDR3 | PSU: Chieftec CTB-500S  | Mobo: Asus M4A87TD/USB3 | Storage: Seagate 500Gb HDD

Yes, I'm aware my CPU is a huge bottleneck. No, I don't really care.

Laptop: Asus TUF FX505DT 60Hz 8Gb model

"Fortifications, cannons and foreign aid won't help unless every man knows that he himself is a guardian of his country"

-Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

On 9/7/2020 at 12:14 AM, Doqtori said:

That's a problem with the moderators of subs, not the platform itself.

How is that not an issue with the platform?