Need advice in buying memory

Saw that memory prices are currently at an all time low. Is it wise to invest ~1k $ to buy 10 kits of G.Skill Ripjaws V, DDR4, 32 GB, 3200 MHz, CL16 ? 1 kit is currently 123$ in my country. I want to keep one and resell the other 9 at a later date (maybe 1 year from now). I am almost sure it will go up but have no experience with reselling on the internet. Suggestions? 

I don't see a point in getting 10 kits, if you need one, then one kit will do the job. 

we don't really know how prices are going to be in the furute.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

15 minutes ago, SandalsWarrior said:

1 kit is currently 123$ in my country. I want to keep one and resell the other 9 at a later date (maybe 1 year from now).

There are better things to invest money into, especially considering that tech is a moving target. By the time prices go up again those sticks could be out of demand because DDR5 has arrived.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

I mean, I obviously only need 1 kit, I think this is a great investment opportunity, that's why I'm asking if this is an all time low and it's all going up from here (price wise). Saw Linus say this is due to Covid and sellers stacking up on too much memory so there is a surplus on the market.

12 minutes ago, SandalsWarrior said:

Suggestions?

unless you are predicting some sort of memory shortage next year.  I wouldn't do it.  Wish I would of bought some AMD stock though earlier this year when it was in the $30's now it is over $80.   or that Kodak stock that went from under $3 to over $30 in a few days

2 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

There are better things to invest money into, especially considering that tech is a moving target. By the time prices go up again those sticks could be out of demand because DDR5 has arrived.

From what I've seen, the earliest we'll see DDR5 on the market will be 2022 and even then will be a slow shift.

3 minutes ago, SandalsWarrior said:

that's why I'm asking if this is an all time low and it's all going up from here (price wise).

Nobody can tell you that with absolute certainty. It's the same as investing in stocks. Don't invest money you can't afford to lose and be prepared to wait a long time before you get a return on your investment.

1 minute ago, SandalsWarrior said:

From what I've seen, the earliest we'll see DDR5 on the market will be 2022 and even then will be a slow shift.

Sure, but it's really hard to predict how prices and demand are going to develop. The whole reason prices are down is because people who do this professionally made a wrong decision. They increased their stock thinking demand would go up. But well, it didn't.

1 minute ago, TylerDurden! said:

unless you are predicting some sort of memory shortage next year.  I wouldn't do it.  Wish I would of bought some AMD stock though earlier this year when it was in the $30's now it is over $80.   or that Kodak stock that went from under $3 to over $30 in a few days

Maybe not a shortage, but I'm pretty sure we won't see prices this low in a while. Let's assume it won't be a 50% increase in price, but even with a 25% increase (that's the price going back to normal) that's still a good profit margin.

Just now, SandalsWarrior said:

Maybe not a shortage, but I'm pretty sure we won't see prices this low in a while. Let's assume it won't be a 50% increase in price, but even with a 25% increase (that's the price going back to normal) that's still a good profit margin.

If you can find enough buyers willing to buy sticks from a private seller at retail prices.

25 minutes ago, SandalsWarrior said:

Saw that memory prices are currently at an all time low. Is it wise to invest ~1k $ to buy 10 kits of G.Skill Ripjaws V, DDR4, 32 GB, 3200 MHz, CL16 ? 1 kit is currently 123$ in my country. I want to keep one and resell the other 9 at a later date (maybe 1 year from now). I am almost sure it will go up but have no experience with reselling on the internet. Suggestions? 

Physical technology is not a good investment, generally. Not much else looses value so fast.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

Nobody can tell you that with absolute certainty. It's the same as investing in stocks. Don't invest money you can't afford to lose and be prepared to wait a long time before you get a return on your investment.

Sure, but it's really hard to predict how prices and demand are going to develop. The whole reason prices are down is because people who do this professionally made a wrong decision. They increased their stock thinking demand would go up. But well, it didn't.

Points taken. Will ask around a bit more before buying. My reasoning for being confident in this move is that even if it doesn't go up and I sell it back with the same price, I won't lose money, it will have to go down more than it is for me to lose money. I'm just holding back a bit because I have no real experience in reselling online and don't know how fast I'll be able to find buyers .