NVIDIA - 3000 SERIES

Ayush007

Hello guys !!

Hope you are doing well !!

Please stay safe and healthy !! 

{YOUR OPINION IS HIGHLY VALUABLE  FOR ME}

AS you all know that Nvidia have just revealed 3000 series in a half price compare to 2000 series( 2000 series  was actually ok or below ). 

Surprisingly  ,Nvidia have just revealed rtx3070 , which is actually more powerful then  previous gen and we r getting it in a half price. NVIDIA HAVE played smart move. This proves that now pc gamer will survive 😁😁

And the final showcase rtx3090 which is actually beast and more powerful then rtx titan. We are getting it in half price (compare to rtx titan )

I guess this time Nvidia have thrown huge challenge to AMD. Good luck to  AMD lovers. 

Tell me which one you are  getting (without selling your kidney) - 

1.Rtx 3070 

2.Rtx 3080 

3.Rtx 3090

Or you will save your budget to buy next gen console.

{PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR OPINION }

8 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Nvidia have just revealed rtx3070 , which is actually more powerful then  previous gen

That's exactly how new generations are supposed to work. You get more performance at the same price point. I'd say the 2000 series was somewhat of an exception in that regard, but it seems to have really skewed people's perception. It's an impressive release for sure, but maybe wait for independent reviews before you declare victory across the board? We don't even know what the performance improvement they showed was compared to (most likely RTX only).

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

That's exactly how new generations are supposed to work. You get more performance at the same price point. I'd say the 2000 series was somewhat of an exception in that regard, but it seems to have really skewed people's perception. It's an impressive release for sure, but maybe wait for independent reviews before you declare victory across the board? We don't even know what the performance improvement they showed was compared to (most likely RTX only).

Thnx Elgenvektor,

For sharing your opinion.

I appreciate it. 👍👍👍👍👍

You sounds like quite logical and practical rather then hyped one.

Well it's a good decision to check the review before spending bucks (which is actually quite risky.)

4 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

First, before forming an opinion on the GPUs and their respective performances, I'm going to wait for them to be released, reviewed and matured enough so that possible problems with drivers are minimal. Also going to wait for the parter cards (MSI, ASUS,...) to see what they have to offer and compare them with Nvidia's.
After that I'm going to wait for everything next gen. DDR5 ram, PCIE 4 (yes, I know ryzen has it), Zen3, Intel's whatever gen comes next and after all of these come to pass, I'll probably get me a balls to the wall 3090 along with a new display and other bits and bobs. Next year. I'm in no hurry.

Thnx Cvet76,

For sharing your opinion with us. I agree with your point. In FACT we can wait for sometime till we don't know how it performs actually.

Bdw which display will be more suitable with rtx3090 , I mean seeing true performance of 3090 with our naked eyes.

U have  any idea ?🤔🤔

I'd love to get the rtx3080, but only having 10gb vram might be not enough at least in the long run. I'm a fan of buying a bit more expensive and having my stuff longer. My gtx980 was (excluding an titan class ones) the most expüensive on I could get back then and is still kicking but those 4gb vram it has really is crap now. Buying a rtx3090 might actually be the "only option" I have, if I don't want to wait till (maybe) next year. For now I still have some time till I buy something, because I'll wait for RDNA2 and the new Zen3 cpus. This should be enough time to ponder over buying one or the other card.

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 5950x | 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz | XFX Reference 6800 XT | MSI Unify X570 | Corsair MP600 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | bequiet 850W Straight Power 11

Server: Ryzen 5 3600 | 4x32GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz | Asrock Rack X470D4U | Samsung EVO Plus 250GB, 6x Seagate Exos 8TB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB | bequiet 550W Straight Power 11

i'm pretty sure there's going to be a 3080ti later with more vram but rn i'm looking to buy the 3090 FE, i'm just waiting for the release day so I can buy it and prob do some benchmark when it arrives. 

2 minutes ago, zell950 said:

i'm pretty sure there's going to be a 3080ti later with more vram but rn i'm looking to buy the 3090 FE, i'm just waiting for the release day so I can buy it and prob do some benchmark when it arrives. 

2 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

The quantity of VRAM means only the max amount of data that it's able to consume. The transfer rates of PCIE gen 4 and the new ways these GPUs are processing all this data will make sure you don't run out of memory too soon. I'm sure the 3080 will be enough for quite a while. But then again, depends on what reality shows us when these finally get used and abused and reviewed. Also depends on your use case.

I agree with both of you. I kinda doubt there will be a higher vram model this year though and even if 10gb is enough for now, is it still in a few years? Nobody knows, so I try to be safe and buy a bit more. Sadly the "buy more" option is that expensive (for now).

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 5950x | 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz | XFX Reference 6800 XT | MSI Unify X570 | Corsair MP600 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | bequiet 850W Straight Power 11

Server: Ryzen 5 3600 | 4x32GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz | Asrock Rack X470D4U | Samsung EVO Plus 250GB, 6x Seagate Exos 8TB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB | bequiet 550W Straight Power 11

3 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

I'll be going for 2 different displays. One 4K 120hz for the visually beautiful games and a lower resolution high refresh rate 1440p 240hz for multiplayer games. But these are only wishes on my part. I'll be making real decisions once I see all the data and I actually put my money where my mouth is. Speaking in hypotheticals is fun, but often far removed from reality.

The quantity of VRAM means only the max amount of data that it's able to consume. The transfer rates of PCIE gen 4 and the new ways these GPUs are processing all this data will make sure you don't run out of memory too soon. I'm sure the 3080 will be enough for quite a while. But then again, depends on what reality shows us when these finally get used and abused and reviewed. Also depends on your use case.

@Cvet76 any specific brand ??

20 minutes ago, Jisagi said:

I'd love to get the rtx3080, but only having 10gb vram might be not enough at least in the long run. I'm a fan of buying a bit more expensive and having my stuff longer. My gtx980 was (excluding an titan class ones) the most expüensive on I could get back then and is still kicking but those 4gb vram it has really is crap now. Buying a rtx3090 might actually be the "only option" I have, if I don't want to wait till (maybe) next year. For now I still have some time till I buy something, because I'll wait for RDNA2 and the new Zen3 cpus. This should be enough time to ponder over buying one or the other card.

Dear Jisgai,

Thnx for sharing your opinion , I appreciate it. 👍👍

It's good to check and compare with other stuffs ,rather then wasting your bucks . 

Hard to not get hyped for the 3080. I guess it's the go to card for Cyberpunk 2077 as that game will be heavy on Raytracing and supports DLSS. Their trailers So far were all created with an RTX2080Ti and run at 4k@30FPS. So you will need a substantial increase in power to get 4k@60 locked. 

It would be smart to wait for AMDs offering but from what I've heard big navi will probably be able to match the 3080, however it doesn't have DLSS and it's RT performance is still a mystery. 

AMD will likely sell their card matching the 3080 for 50 to 100 Bucks less but that means nothing if the 500 Dollar RTX3070 outperforms it in DLSS/RTX supported games.

20 hours ago, Cvet76 said:

No. I don't concern myself with brands. I watch reviews and read owners' opinions about the products I'm about to buy, and ultimately make a decision based on which features I can and can't live with. Brands aren't a concern because there are less than a handful of display panel manufacturers and they're all very good.

Seems like you are quite practical in making decision !! 

I appreciate your paradigm !!

Please Inform me ,once u purchase display after watching review n all.

14 hours ago, Cvet76 said:

I'll try and remember, but if you follow me here on the forum, I'll definitely be updating my setup and you'll be able to see the changes.

I try. I used to be not good with money and the school of life punished for it. Now I'm better with money and much more careful with buying expensive things.

It's good to hear  , that you know very well how to convert   failure  into stepping stones. 🙂

Very few people have this quality , YOU ARE ONE OF THEM !!