LG 27GN950 Refresh Rate problem/doubt

Eirax

Hi all,

I receintly upgraded all my computer with the exception of the graphic card that i'm waiting for the new RTX3000 series. For now i still have a GTX 1060 6gb. Today i received my new monitor, a lg 27gn950-b. Its connected trough display port.

For the resolution of 3840*2160 the only refresh rate avaiable is 60hz or 95hz. My question is if the reason why i don't have other refresh rates available (like 144hz) because of the graphics card.

Go to nvidia control panel (change resolution tab), and instead of 10bit, change the color to 8bit. Then 120hz should be available.

If you want 144hz, then in addition to 8bit, you need to change output color format to something ending with 422.

image.thumb.png.5513799f8fcb53e27227753cb889d54f.png

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I had already tried, still the same refresh rates available.

Sem Título.jpg

Same thing changing output color format.

I also tried to create a personalized resolution and for 4k 144hz and it changes the output color depth to 6 bpc.

Sem Título.jpg

I have a 1080 ti with the same monitor, and I can set it to 60, 95, and 120 Hz, so not sure why you don't have 120 available.

When you go to monitor's general settings, is your "displayport version" set to 1.4?

• 1 month later...

Hello guys i have evga 1080 ti with this monitor i resolved the problem with 144hz i put display port 1.4 dsc and create a personalized resolution for 4k and 144hz and it changes. The problem that i have now is when i open every game in 4k resolution it crashes and freeze the screen i need press alt cntrl delete to opena task manager and end the game. While freezing the game play normal in background but the screen is freezing 

On 8/31/2020 at 4:22 PM, Eirax said:

Hi all,

I receintly upgraded all my computer with the exception of the graphic card that i'm waiting for the new RTX3000 series. For now i still have a GTX 1060 6gb. Today i received my new monitor, a lg 27gn950-b. Its connected trough display port.

For the resolution of 3840*2160 the only refresh rate avaiable is 60hz or 95hz. My question is if the reason why i don't have other refresh rates available (like 144hz) because of the graphics card.

the 1060 cant output more then 60 hertz at 4K, DP 1.4 wasnt on the 1000 series if I remember correctly, but hey, those new RTX 3000 have HDMI 2.1, which is better then DP 1.4.

Unrealated- Why is LG advertising to different power Consumptions for that monitor. 

18 hours ago, Elad.Evron said:

the 1060 cant output more then 60 hertz at 4K, DP 1.4 wasnt on the 1000 series if I remember correctly, but hey, those new RTX 3000 have HDMI 2.1, which is better then DP 1.4.

Unrealated- Why is LG advertising to different power Consumptions for that monitor. 

check my answer top of you i told you how take 144hz do you have any problem in games like a freeze screen while game playing on background ?

Ya, i was on a 1000 series card, its resolved.