High CPU Temps In CSGO?

I have A i7-8700(NON-K) and I have A Noctua NH-U12s chromax.black. When I get into a game whether its A workshop map or a competitive My Cpu Temps are always between 60*C-70*C with 30% to 40% CPU Usage, Anyone know Why my temps are this high or Is it normal?

Just now, luqiano02 said:

I have A i7-8700(NON-K) and I have A Noctua NH-U12s chromax.black. When I get into a game whether its A workshop map or a competitive My Cpu Temps are always between 60*C-70*C with 30% to 40% CPU Usage, Anyone know Why my temps are this high or Is it normal?

probably normal.... but have no idea what your system specs are yet, so don't quote me. :P

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

probably normal.... but have no idea what your system specs are yet, so don't quote me. :P

I Have A RTX 2060, Hyperx predator 3200 mhz and ROG STRIX Z390 Gaming MOB(I know its a motherboard for overclocking but I will upgrade my cpu to a K processor in the future)

10 hours ago, luqiano02 said:

always between 60*C-70*C with 30% to 40% CPU Usage, Anyone know Why my temps are this high or Is it normal?

Pretty normal temps, you could try stressing the cpu with an all core stress test like cinebench r20 test and check temps..

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, luqiano02 said:

I Have A RTX 2060, Hyperx predator 3200 mhz and ROG STRIX Z390 Gaming MOB(I know its a motherboard for overclocking but I will upgrade my cpu to a K processor in the future)

The 8700 is known to run pretty warm, so it's not really a horrible temp. 

These chips where infamous for de-lidding and replacing the thermal paste under the IHS plate.

So your temps are normal imo.

What case? hows the air flow, good?

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Pretty normal temps, you could try stressing the cpu with an all core stress test like cinebench r20 test and check temps..

I stress tested it for 5 minutes in Intel Xtreme tuning utility and the highest temp was 85*C if I am correct

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The 8700 is known to run pretty warm, so it's not really a horrible temp. 

These chips where infamous for de-lidding and replacing the thermal paste under the IHS plate.

So your temps are normal imo.

What case? hows the air flow, good?

I have  the Evolveo Functio 2, I have 2 intake fans and one outake

1 minute ago, luqiano02 said:

I have  the Evolveo Functio 2, I have 2 intake fans and one outake

Nice. Run the exhaust at higher rpm than the intakes will help dump the case heat better.

You want as much case heat out through the case fan so it's not pushed through the PSU.

Nice. Run the exhaust at higher rpm than the intakes will help dump the case heat better.

You want as much case heat out through the case fan so it's not pushed through the PSU.

I also have another Coolermaster Fan thats not in the case right now, You think i Should put it as Exhaust to help remove heat?

11 minutes ago, luqiano02 said:

tuning utility and the highest temp was 85*C if I am correct

Try a full run of cinebench and check but again for the most part if those are under gaming loads, that's perfectly normal. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

temps seem normal, if youre running high framerates in csgo itll push a lot of power through 1 or 2 cores

for comparison, i had a 9700k with a u12s on it and my all core temps on stock clocks were under 70C. case was the phanteks enthoo itx which has mediocre airflow.

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

6 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

temps seem normal, if youre running high framerates in csgo itll push a lot of power through 1 or 2 cores

for comparison, i had a 9700k with a u12s on it and my all core temps on stock clocks were under 70C. case was the phanteks enthoo itx which has mediocre airflow.

Im looking to buy An I7-9700k in the future, is the cooling good with the u12s? And also thanks for the reply

Did you build this system yourself?

I'm no expert but if it was me I'd re-do the cpu cooler.

Take it off, clean the old paste off.

Put new on and reseat the cpu cooler.

If you have done that sort of thing before and feel comfortable with doing it of course?

3 minutes ago, luqiano02 said:

Im looking to buy An I7-9700k in the future, is the cooling good with the u12s? And also thanks for the reply

really only for stock clocks, you should get something better for an overclock. my d15s was only sufficient for 5ghz with a high avx offset

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Just now, Intergalacticbits said:

Did you build this system yourself?

I'm no expert but if it was me I'd re-do the cpu cooler.

Take it off, clean the old paste off.

Put new on and reseat the cpu cooler.

If you have done that sort of thing before and feel comfortable with doing it of course?

A friend built it but my brother also knows how to put on the cooler, I recomended it to my dad an brother, but they were scared because on my older MOB we broke our Pins...

17 minutes ago, luqiano02 said:

I also have another Coolermaster Fan thats not in the case right now, You think i Should put it as Exhaust to help remove heat?

Sure.

The more fans a case has, the lower the rpm needed to puch x amount of cfm in total.

1 minute ago, VeganJoy said:

really only for stock clocks, you should get something better for an overclock. my d15s was only sufficient for 5ghz with a high avx offset

If i ever get it, I'm not thinking of overclocking it to let's say 5ghz, more like 4.7-4.8

Sure.

The more fans a case has, the lower the rpm needed to puch x amount of cfm in total.

Ok man, Thanks!

1 minute ago, luqiano02 said:

A friend built it but my brother also knows how to put on the cooler, I recomended it to my dad an brother, but they were scared because on my older MOB we broke our Pins...

Oh ok, then you should definitely not do anything you don't feel comfortable doing.

I did get some really high spikes in temperature while playing CS:GO sometimes, but 60-70C is perfectly fine.

6 minutes ago, luqiano02 said:

Im looking to buy An I7-9700k in the future

That's a sidegrade from the 8700K though

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

I did get some really high spikes in temperature while playing CS:GO sometimes, but 60-70C is perfectly fine.

That's a sidegrade from the 8700K though

Or maybe I can wait a bit longer and go for the i9-9900k?

5 minutes ago, luqiano02 said:

Or maybe I can wait a bit longer and go for the i9-9900k?

That'd be an upgrade, though I can't imagine the 8700 not being enough for gaming.. unless you do some other tasks that are more multithreaded.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Its enough for gaming lol, but ill upgrade it maybe in like a year or two

11 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

That'd be an upgrade, though I can't imagine the 8700 not being enough for gaming.. unless you do some other tasks that are more multithreaded.