Artifacts on startup screen and in BIOS but nowhere else

Go to solution Solved by BobVonBob,

In my experience a BIOS flash has a much higher chance of bricking the card than fixing something like this. If you don't spend all your time in the BIOS I wouldn't bother. It's still working when it matters after all.

If you want my guess it's something to do with the very start of VRAM or the motherboard. The BIOS and startup screen don't use much VRAM, so perhaps there's an issue there that doesn't get caught when using more VRAM. Or perhaps it's your motherboard sending weird signals since it stops after startup.

As the title says, I'm assuming it's a motherboard issue, because when the system boots up everything is alright, but I have no clue what could it be and how to fix it

I've had this PC for about a year and a half and this started only recently

PC specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16 GB 2666 CL13

Mobo: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE

PSU: be quiet! 500W Pure Power 10CM

Sorry for bad quality, after buying a pc I had no money for phone :I

1 minute ago, warmongerp said:

Have you tried to flash the bios to the latest version? Just to be sure 

Nope, I was thinking about it, but wanted to ask first if there was any other solution

In my experience a BIOS flash has a much higher chance of bricking the card than fixing something like this. If you don't spend all your time in the BIOS I wouldn't bother. It's still working when it matters after all.

If you want my guess it's something to do with the very start of VRAM or the motherboard. The BIOS and startup screen don't use much VRAM, so perhaps there's an issue there that doesn't get caught when using more VRAM. Or perhaps it's your motherboard sending weird signals since it stops after startup.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

11 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

Alright, thanks