Is this psu any good? MWE 650w Gold

JustinNgos

I was reading reviews for this psu and lots of them said DOA and “went bad in 7-10 months”. I was reading online that only the initial launch ones did that and the rev 1.0 and 2.0 ones are fine. On Amazon.ca the image said EPS 4+4 and online it said the rev 1.0/2.0 had EPS 8  4+4 so i was wondering if this is just a old image and they are only selling the rev 1.0 and 2.0 ones now

Thanks 

psu link -> https://www.amazon.ca/Cooler-Master-MPY-6501-AFAAG-US-Certified-Warranty/dp/B07JFLBN3K/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2ADRH6V0PYC6N&dchild=1&keywords=mwe+650+gold&qid=1598314546&sprefix=Mwe%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-1

The Cooler Master MWE gold 650w is a great psu. Dont pay much attention to reviews on selling sites when looking at computer components. A great place to see if a psu is good is the psu tier list here on the forum (linked in my signature).

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

3 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

The Cooler Master MWE gold 650w is a great psu. Dont pay much attention to reviews on selling sites when looking at computer components. A great place to see if a psu is good is the psu tier list here on the forum (linked in my signature).

Ah crap it just went unavailable. I have another question, should I buy a psu right now because I’ve seen on yt and websites that PSUs are gonna have another shortage soon, so should I just go on Amazon and just spend a extra $20 cad on a RM650 or a ToughPower 650w? Or any reputable psu brand with 650w Gold?

2 minutes ago, JustinNgos said:

Ah crap it just went unavailable. I have another question, should I buy a psu right now because I’ve seen on yt and websites that PSUs are gonna have another shortage soon, so should I just go on Amazon and just spend a extra $20 cad on a RM650 or a ToughPower 650w? Or any reputable psu brand with 650w Gold?

I have heard that too. What is the psu for? Are you planning a system soon or will you be replacing your existing power supply?

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

2 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

I have heard that too. What is the psu for? Are you planning a system soon or will you be replacing your existing power supply?

It’s for a new system I’m building on around September or October when all the new parts come out.

2 minutes ago, JustinNgos said:

It’s for a new system I’m building on around September or October when all the new parts come out.

I'm hoping the shortage will be over by then (or wont be back) but that is a pure guess. I personally would wait until then because there is always the possibility that the part is bad and needs to be rma'd and you wont have a way to tell until then. But if you are nervous about waiting and prices going up, get something like the rmx now.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

I'm hoping the shortage will be over by then (or wont be back) but that is a pure guess. I personally would wait until then because there is always the possibility that the part is bad and needs to be rma'd and you wont have a way to tell until then. But if you are nervous about waiting and prices going up, get something like the rmx now.

Okay thanks for your help!