Hard Drive feels slow

I have a Seagate Baracuda 2tb that I have had for a couple years. Recently it's been feeling super slow and I genuinely think something is wrong with it. It takes me a noticeably longer time to load into games and things compared to my friends when we do the exact same things. For example, loading a quest in Monster Hunter World. I'm always the last one to load, and sometimes I will still be loading even when I'm the first one to join. Also, it isn't the case of them having it on an SSD, a couple of my friends have the exact same hard drive. Other games where it takes a long time to load is Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield 4 and some others.

i7-7700k

RTX 2070

16GB RAM

36 minutes ago, Dk SPYder said:

the hard drive is coming to the end of its life span

Possible. Depends on the definition of “a couple of years” and how much uptime it has seen.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Possible. Depends on the definition of “a couple of years” and how much uptime it has seen.

and also the ead and write it has been threw 

53 minutes ago, Dk SPYder said:

and also the ead and write it has been threw 

Read/write (most specifically write) is more important for SSDs than HDDs it’s non zero though. The head arm does have to move.  Mechanical wear at any rate. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, DahPython said:

I have a Seagate Baracuda 2tb that I have had for a couple years. Recently it's been feeling super slow and I genuinely think something is wrong with it. It takes me a noticeably longer time to load into games and things compared to my friends when we do the exact same things. For example, loading a quest in Monster Hunter World. I'm always the last one to load, and sometimes I will still be loading even when I'm the first one to join. Also, it isn't the case of them having it on an SSD, a couple of my friends have the exact same hard drive. Other games where it takes a long time to load is Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield 4 and some others.

i7-7700k

RTX 2070

16GB RAM

Has it ever been defragged? Also is it very full? If it is filled up it may be slower. Try to defrag, my 3tb Barracuda gets slow when reading fragmented data.