is this a good upgrade?

right now i have a ryzen 5 3600, and i want to know if the ryzen 5 3600x is worth to upgrade

Just now, Rafizia said:

right now i have a ryzen 5 3600, and i want to know if the ryzen 5 3600x is worth to upgrade

Absolutely not you can reach the 3600x's speed by giving the 3600 a teeny tiny overclock if that is what you want. The difference is minimal between them on stock.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Absolutely not you can reach the 3600x's speed by giving the 3600 a teeny tiny overclock if that is what you want. The difference is minimal between them on stock.

what about the 3600xt ? 

Just now, Rafizia said:

what about the 3600xt ? 

Same story as the x just a teeny tiny extra bump over that. Between a 3600 and 3600xt you will barely (less than 5%) if at all see a difference. Why do you want to swap the cpu so badly?

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Same story as the x just a teeny tiny extra bump over that. Between a 3600 and 3600xt you will barely (less than 5%) if at all see a difference. Why do you want to swap the cpu so badly?

no im just asking because its more expensive, and idk the performance. what is a good upgrade then?

Just now, Rafizia said:

no im just asking because its more expensive, and idk the performance 

Both are a 3600 that just got a very tiny clockspeed boost. The difference between all of them is almost nothing and not worth the extra price. If you want to you can easily reach the 3600x clock with a small overclock and if you did not get unlucky with the 3600 you have you can also easily reach the xt's speed. Just make sure you have the cooling to handle it.

1 minute ago, stlouis3089 said:

Go with a ryzen 9 3900x

What? You don't even know his workload or budget. 

1 hour ago, Rafizia said:

and i want to know if the ryzen 5 3600x is worth to upgrade

Nope. Same goes for the XT. 

What's a worthy upgrade? Depends on your workload. 

If you're just gaming the 3600 is just fine. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: