Is it worth replacing case fans with more higher end ones?

zeltrabas

So I'm thinking about getting the Lancool II Mesh and replacing the 2 140mm fans with Arctic P14s and the 120mm fan with the noctua nf-a12x25.

Is such a replacement worth it (mainly in being quieter, but  temperatures help aswell)

• CPU
    Intel i7 4770K
  • Motherboard
    ASUS Z87-K
  • RAM
    16GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz
  • GPU
    Gainward 980ti
  • Case
    Coolermaster
  • Storage
    1TB HDD, 112GB SSD
  • PSU
    dont know
  • Display(s)
    1 ASUS PG278Q, 1 VS228N
  • Keyboard
    Ducky ONE 2 TKL Horizon PBT Gaming
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro
  • Sound
    Logitech G432
  • Operating System
    Win 10
  • Phone
    One Plus 7T Pro

Temperature not really

Quieter maybe, but if you want truly quiet just toss your desktop out of your room

I've done it and it's brilliant

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Depends on how much you value low noise. It's going to have little effect on your temps.

If you are annoyed with the noise of your PC, then yes, yes it is worth it to replace stock fans. Just make sure that it is indeed those fans that are making the noise before you pull the trigger.

In terms of what fan you should buy, I would recommend to ditch Noctua and just go straight for Arctic P12 and P14. They are only very, very marginally behind the Noctuas, but at 1/3 to 1/4 the cost, depending on your region (not to mention the better colour scheme, unless you really like brown). Almost all Youtube reviews I've seen put Arctic on equal footing with Noctua. Go look up "fan review 2019/2020" and see some results for yourself.

1 minute ago, Scheimong said:

Depends on how much you value low noise. It's going to have little effect on your temps.

If you are annoyed with the noise of your PC, then yes, yes it is worth it to replace stock fans. Just make sure that it is indeed those fans that are making the noise before you pull the trigger.

In terms of what fan you should buy, I would recommend to ditch Noctua and just go straight for Arctic P12 and P14. They are only very, very marginally behind the Noctuas, but at 1/3 to 1/4 the cost, depending on your region (not to mention the better colour scheme, unless you really like brown). Almost all Youtube reviews I've seen put Arctic on equal footing with Noctua. Go look up "fan review 2019/2020" and see some results for yourself.

okay thanks, yea im building a new pc soon, and i really want it to be quiet

• CPU
    Intel i7 4770K
  • Motherboard
    ASUS Z87-K
  • RAM
    16GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz
  • GPU
    Gainward 980ti
  • Case
    Coolermaster
  • Storage
    1TB HDD, 112GB SSD
  • PSU
    dont know
  • Display(s)
    1 ASUS PG278Q, 1 VS228N
  • Keyboard
    Ducky ONE 2 TKL Horizon PBT Gaming
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro
  • Sound
    Logitech G432
  • Operating System
    Win 10
  • Phone
    One Plus 7T Pro

If you want a truly quiet PC then it is worth investing in some high end (Noctua) fans. They may be expensive but you really do get what you pay for - quiet and efficient fans that will last a long time. They do make them in black as well as brown. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

3 hours ago, zeltrabas said:

okay thanks, yea im building a new pc soon, and i really want it to be quiet

I'd recommend putting money towards a better CPU cooler and GPU with a good triple fan cooler before new case fans.

That being said, I don't know your budget. And Arctic fans are cheap, but review well.

Definitely recommend noctua fans.  I have 2 for intakes,  1 bequiet as additional intake,  1 bequiet as exhaust fan,  the 2 noctuas brought improvements of about 5C compared to what I had previously installed (forgot the name but it wasn't cheap nonames either) - and while the noctuas are surprisingly *not* really quieter, they sure have a less annoying "sound design". 

My bequiet fans are ok,  but going forward I'd always buy noctuas now,  totally convinced they're very good at what they're supposed to do, ie cooling a PC by moving more air than (most?) other case fans.

7 hours ago, Bobbysixjp said:

They do make them in black as well as brown. 

Mine are gray.  :)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer