Install Network Adapter Drivers Offline (plz help)

Eat Soup

I am currently having issues with installing drivers for my Intel wireless ac 9462 after trying to upgrade to another network adapter (the system did not boot until I installed the original network adapter back in). The device manager no longer displays the driver for this adapter and I have tried installing the driver with intel's installer (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29520/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=125192), but the device manager does not show the driver (or any network adapter driver) even after the installer tells me that it completed (I did restart the pc). Hardware does not seem to be the issue as it worked fine before the upgrade and Driver Easy was able to detect that I needed to install drivers for that specific network adapter. 

Note: I do not have any way of connecting this pc to a wired network.

If you need to get drivers and you don't have internet, you can download the files on another computer and move it with a USB drive.

I do not know how to install the install files (I have a usb drive). There does not seem to be an option in device manager to create a new driver file.

5 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

A USB flash drive? 🤔

I do have one, but how do I install the file and from what location should I download it from (the intel installer did not work)

6 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

If you need to get drivers and you don't have internet, you can download the files on another computer and move it with a USB drive.

If you have time, could you please tell me how in more detail (I have tried this with the intel installer, but it did not work)

On 8/20/2020 at 1:57 PM, Eat Soup said:

If you have time, could you please tell me how in more detail (I have tried this with the intel installer, but it did not work)

Find out exactly what card it is then look that up followed by driver on another pc. It shouldn’t be that hard to find the driver download it and move It to the flash drive. Plug the flash drive into your pc and copy the file to your pc. Open device manager and select the network adapters. See if your card is there. If it is click update driver. Use browse my computer for driver and just select the driver in the window that pops up. If it doesn’t then enable show hidden devices and see if it shows some type of network card without a driver and install it to that. 

(SOLVED!) For anybody that has a similar problem in the future and find this post: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340-15IIL and the way to fix this is to reinstall the latest firmware and bios from the lenovo support website. Transfer that file from another computer onto the pc with issue using any storage device and run the .exe file.