Memory Buying Help

Go to solution Solved by CharmanderNerd,

Okay, I've just found another site that has the same as Amazon but lists the timings for the same(ish) price! Thank you very much for all your help guys ❤️ 

So I'm looking to add 2 more 8GB sticks to my system. I currently have 2x8 of dominator platinum 3200mhz and would like to get the same again. I know different timings can be an issue, is there any way I can know what the timings are going to be before I get the sticks? Or are all the same make model the same (I thought they weren't). I've been having issues recently with just maxing out all 16gb of my RAM so I think just adding 2 more sticks of the same would solve the issue for now.

Alex <3

2 minutes ago, CharmanderNerd said:

So I'm looking to add 2 more 8GB sticks to my system. I currently have 2x8 of dominator platinum 3200mhz and would like to get the same again. I know different timings can be an issue, is there any way I can know what the timings are going to be before I get the sticks? Or are all the same make model the same (I thought they weren't). I've been having issues recently with just maxing out all 16gb of my RAM so I think just adding 2 more sticks of the same would solve the issue for now.

Alex ❤️

What do you even do on the PC can't be just gaming my guess is editing photos / videos, but as long as it's the exact same model as the ones you have you aren't at risk

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, CharmanderNerd said:

is there any way I can know what the timings are going to be before I get the sticks?

Yes,search the full model number,and look at the page in the manufacturer's website.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

What do you even do on the PC can't be just gaming my guess is editing photos / videos, but as long as it's the exact same model as the ones you have you aren't at risk

Yeah I create little grid animations for an F1 league I'm in, it's not super loads but would just make things easier. Especially with the new game I'm hoping to increase the res of the images used and man does that monch RAM. 

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Yes,search the full model number,and look at the page in the manufacturer's website.

So as long as I but the exact same model/speed it should be compatible no matter which vendor I get it from?

so u did a dual channel memory on a quad channel mobo? Also, u said u are having kinda issues.. have u placed the sticks in the correct dimm slots?

Just now, Dudeinfire99 said:

so u did a dual channel memory on a quad channel mobo? Also, u said u are having kinda issues.. have u placed the sticks in the correct dimms?

The issues I'm having are just running out of memory tbh. I've made sure they're in the correct dimms etc it's literally just an amount issue because I keep a regular eye on it

Just now, Dudeinfire99 said:

what is u'r processor and storage?

Ryzen 7 2700X and erm, lots got a 1tb M.2 (My main Drive) another 120GB SSD and a bunch of HDD for storage 

2 minutes ago, CharmanderNerd said:

Ryzen 7 2700X and erm, lots got a 1tb M.2 (My main Drive) another 120GB SSD and a bunch of HDD for storage 

:O, I think cuz u have a great RAM, windows must have reserved some memory or it has a great latency?

Just now, CharmanderNerd said:

So as long as I but the exact same model/speed it should be compatible no matter which vendor I get it from?

Here is what i mean by model: CMD16GX4M2B3000C15

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

4 minutes ago, Dudeinfire99 said:

:O, I think cuz u have a great RAM, windows must have reserved some memory or it has a great latency?

I've been through and cleared up what I can as well as giving it a bit bigger of a paging file just to take some stress off. I noticed it was also running a bit underspeed before so I upped that but still a bit off. I don't mind getting more RAM as just a future proof thing too, FS2020 seems to like a lot of it. Plus from what I've seen RAM seemed to be pretty cheap for the UK atm, I can get the same amount of RAM for £98

5 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Here is what i mean by model: CMD16GX4M2B3000C15

Yeah yeah, I've got all the information on the RAM in a photo I just wanted to make sure of the best way to not have conflicts. Amazon seems to be the cheepest at the moment for it, but they don't give much information about the specifics.