Optiplex motherboard decent?

My motherboard recently broke during transit and I was looking for a replacement. I found a Dell 0V62H Optiplex 9020 , and am wondering If there are any reasons to be skeptical about using this. I am gaming on a gtx 970, and using a couple 2.5 inch ssds.

Do you have a case that supports that board's size? Do your components match up compatibility wise?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

No not decent. Poor design, no features, super basic. Only support a few cpus.

Why? You have a cpu and ddr3 memory that needs a board?? Location? Where you shopping at?

5 minutes ago, aldoggy said:

My motherboard recently broke during transit and I was looking for a replacement. I found a Dell 0V62H Optiplex 9020 , and am wondering If there are any reasons to be skeptical about using this. I am gaming on a gtx 970, and using a couple 2.5 inch ssds.

While the board itself is fine - as basically any of the Optiplex lines are, but they're office PC's first and foremost.

Additionally, these OEM boards are often non-standard in one way or another. I'm not sure if the installation layout is standard ATX (or more likely, mATX), but I do know that the Motherboard PSU Port is wired differently. You'll need an adapter or to splice cables.

As others have also stated, given that it's an office PC, there will be no overclocking features in the BIOS, and it may lack features on a consumer/gamer oriented motherboard that you take for granted.

Overall, if you're JUST swapping out a motherboard, I would keep looking and get something else.

What CPU do you have? Your best bet would be to jump on eBay or Craigslist/Kijiji or even post in the Buy/Sell subforum here with a WTB post (want to buy) looking for the chipset and socket that will be compatible with your CPU.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Thank you all for the answers. I think I will look for something a with more features and quality for a little more money