I Just overclocked my RAM and my PC won't boot

I recently bought and built a new PC and it was working fine, then, after a month, I wanted to overclock my ram, so I went in the bios and overclocked (thinking that nothing would happen), but after I "Save and Exit", it froze and it won't boot now.
I don't know what to do and what caused the problem. please, if someone know tell me! 

Here are the spec btw:
Amd Ryzen 5 3600X; Asus TUF X570 Gaming plus br; 16 Gb Crucial Ballistic 3000MHz; Asus Dual Rx 580 8Gb; Corsair CX550 

Edit: I solved it, if someone have this kind of problem, just try this (before making this on your own, read ALL steps and also read your motherboard's manual and make sure you are doing every thing right and safely): 

1- turn off your PC and remove the power cable of the PSU;

1.1- open the panel and remove the battery, next to the little PCI-E of your motherboard;

1.2- put a electrical conductor, can be a metalic key or whatever, on 2 little pins, check your manual to see where is it, (Asus named it: " Clrtc", but other brands call it, Clear Cmos, ClrCm or somthing like that), some motherboards will have just a tiny lever, if so, just press it;

NOTE: there is where you reset the Bios of your motherboard, don't be scared, you won't lose anything of your stuff, just the time and date and some configuration that you changed in your Bios and MAKE SURE TO HAVE A STATIC CLEAR HAND BEFORE DOING ANY OF THAT.

2- plug the power cable, while holding the conductor or leaving the lever down;

2.1- turn on you computer and wait the green light (on the motherboard) or the *beep* of your computer, that means your pc is all right to go;

NOTE: there won't be any video because of what you are doing, but you are reseting your bios so any configuration that caused problems, disappears.

3- turn it off, you can press the switch in the power supply if you want;

4- unplug the power cable, put the battery again and remove the conductor off the pins or put the lever up;

5- plug the cable again and start you computer, now just config the Bios (Time and Date) and you are ready to go.

Thanks for everyone that helped me!

Edited by Kam0zzi

4 minutes ago, Kam0zzi said:

what caused the problem.

> Overclock settings were not stable enough to boot.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Clear Cmos, should be a button on the board or on the back of the board that says CMOS. Press and hold. If not Take out the Cmos battery on the board, its next to the smaller PCIE slot.

I took out the batterry before, but nothing happened, tomorrow I will do that, hopefully it work. Thanks man! 

4 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

> Overclock settings were not stable enough to boot.

Yea, that makes sense. Thanks.

if you take the battery or clear cmos, make sure the PC is unplugged. Also, make sure that you clear the power by pressing POWER while unplugged for a few secs

16 minutes ago, recon_zero_ said:

if you take the battery or clear cmos, make sure the PC is unplugged. Also, make sure that you clear the power by pressing POWER while unplugged for a few secs

I didn't knew about pressing the power button to fully discharge it. Should I do it before or after clearing cmos?

51 minutes ago, Kam0zzi said:

I recently bought and built a new PC and it was working fine, then, after a month, I wanted to overclock my ram, so I went in the bios and overclocked (thinking that nothing would happen), but after I "Save and Exit", it froze and it won't boot now.
I don't know what to do and what caused the problem. please, if someone know tell me! 

Here are the spec btw:
Amd Ryzen 5 3600X;
Asus TUF X570 Gaming plus br;

16 Gb Crucial Ballistic 3000MHz

Asus Dual Rx 580 8Gb

Corsair CX550 

wait is it stock 3000 ?
Or u did tried on 3000

9 minutes ago, Zile22 said:

wait is it stock 3000 ?
Or u did tried on 3000

It says 3000 on the box, here is a picture from it:

20200711_185543.jpg

1 minute ago, Kam0zzi said:

It says 3000 on the box, here is a picture from it:

20200711_185543.jpg

And u tried to overclock it on ?

2 minutes ago, Zile22 said:

And u tried to overclock it on ?

Yes, because the "normal" frequency is lower than this, that is the "limit", right?

5 minutes ago, Kam0zzi said:

Yes, because the "normal" frequency is lower than this, that is the "limit", right?

I asked on which u tried to overclock it? 3200?

7 hours ago, Zile22 said:

I asked on which u tried to overclock it? 3200?

No I didn't, just put it at 3000MHz

@Kam0zzi Do you remember what you did to overclock? Because 3000Mhz is the RAM's XMP-profile which is overclocking, but to a degree that it is achievable according to manufacturer. Usually you can just choose it in your Bios from a drop down list, sometimes you have to set it manually and sometimes there is a actual XMP button you just have to click.

How far into the boot process do you get?

How many times do you let it try to boot before you turn it off?

Can you enter your Bios?

Changes in RAM require the system to train the new speeds, it usually takes up to 3 boot tries to pass and certain settings in Bios (i think Fast Boot?!?) can skip that training, so it wont ever adjust to the new RAM settings.

Just btw, if I see that correctly your ran has the serial number BL2K8G30C15U4B 3000 CL15 and according to this video

can even reach 5000Mhz, with a lot of tinkering. So the advertised 3000Mhz shouldnt be any problem.

So, I have tried 30 times and nothing, checked the manual and nothing. I won't boot, it just starts the leds and do nothing... It is not the monitor or the cables, it just don't boot again

16 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Clear Cmos, should be a button on the board or on the back of the board that says CMOS. Press and hold. If not Take out the Cmos battery on the board, its next to the smaller PCIE slot.

I tried today, many times, but i simple don't boot

not even the bios.

the monitor says that there isn't anything connected with when the fan are spinning.

Do the troubleshoot LEDs in the top right corner lightup?

Maybe try booting with one stick of RAM and if that doesnt work try with only the other stick. Eventually one got damaged.

On 8/18/2020 at 3:36 PM, Arphis said:

Do the troubleshoot LEDs in the top right corner lightup?

Maybe try booting with one stick of RAM and if that doesnt work try with only the other stick. Eventually one got damaged.

Now I try to boot, "holding" the clrtc and with out the battery and I solved it. It was a Bios problem, not any physical one.