Desktop and Laptop or Just Laptop

Hey guys new here, 

so i am gonna get a laptop, and i just got 970 CAD and my laptop budget was 1800 CAD, 
so do you recommend making a pc for 1100 CAD (https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/g22jmg) and getting a laptop for 1600 CAD
or
get a laptop for 2700 CAD
?
Which ever one you decide please give reasons so it makes it easier for me to decided.

Thanks in advance

can you wait before buying? new AMD laptops are slowly coming out which are miles better than intel's laptops. for desktops, AMD will be releasing new cpu's soon and nvidia is releasing new gpu's this month. If you can wait... wait. 

3 minutes ago, Saksham said:

can you wait before buying? new AMD laptops are slowly coming out which are miles better than intel's laptops. for desktops, AMD will be releasing new cpu's soon and nvidia is releasing new gpu's this month. If you can wait... wait. 

I will probably be buying all of this next year, so i guess i can wait but would you recommend good pc and okay laptop OR very good laptop and no pc ?

Also i forgot to mention, the laptop has to be touchscreen since i will be using it in uni for notes

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Buy this, and a desktop in two weeks (next gen GPUs)

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-500-series/IdeaPad-5-14ARE05/p/88IPS501392

Let me know when it's in stock. I need to order one, yesterday. :)

The thing with waiting for new GPUs is that then they will also be expensiver then the old ones and i a have a fairly tight budget

1 minute ago, sgarg0310 said:

The thing with waiting for new GPUs is that then they will also be expensiver then the old ones and i a have a fairly tight budget

but older ones become cheaper. 

if you are buying next year... ask next year. everything can change very quickly in terms of recommendations in a matter of 3-4 months so there is not point in asking for a laptop now. 

2 minutes ago, sgarg0310 said:

new GPUs are usually the same price for better performance. And the old cards usually get a price cut too.

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

but older ones become cheaper. 

if you are buying next year... ask next year. everything can change very quickly in terms of recommendations in a matter of 3-4 months so there is not point in asking for a laptop now. 

That is true, i was just looking at what you guys thought 

1 minute ago, Darpyface said:

new GPUs are usually the same price for better performance. And the old cards usually get a price cut too.

Oh really, I didn't know that, thats cool. And yea i see your point where the old ones gets cheaper