Corsair 450D

NissinChix

I definitely like the 450D. Sitting on the edge of modding my 330R for the future though B)

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Does anybody know what the clearance at the top of the case is? Would a nepton 280l and it's fans fit there? will I be able to fit the 280l in push pull?

Does anybody know what the clearance at the top of the case is? Would a nepton 280l and it's fans fit there? will I be able to fit the 280l in push pull?

welcome to the LinusTechTips forums!

a H105 with single fan set is pushing the limits. so any push/pull is not in the cards.

Linus said it best, why not off-set the roof radiator mounts so there are more options

like the fractal arc's do. the 280L with a single fan set is all the room you have.

I'm getting this case :D

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Not too sure about the front panel, why changing it specifically for just one tower, when they've kept the same design throughout the whole line - up?

Also just a 120 in the back and 3x 120's in the top?

Phanteks Enthno Luxe AND Arc Midi R2 are better imo, and I even believe, that the Enthno Luxe has an aluminium front panel?

Yeah, but still, the Obsidian always has been more expensive than say the Carbide or the Graphite series, and I kinda want to keep a certain exclusivity when I'm asking for a rather steep price. Rolls - Royce couldn't ask for the same price as they're asking for right now, if almost everyone could afford one, know what I mean? From my knowledge, there's only a single Graphite series case (600T), why not expanding this line up? The Graphite series sure wasn't ugly nor unsuccessful, so why not doing a m - ITX case for this series, or a full tower even?

Because this one is airflow optimized.

I didnt really care for this case when I first saw it, but now it is really starting to grow on me. I do wish you could get it with a solid front panel like the 350D/750D if you wanted.

Now I think if you want an ATX rig without the need for custom water cooling, the 450D is a fantastic option.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

welcome to the LinusTechTips forums!

a H105 with single fan set is pushing the limits. so any push/pull is not in the cards.

Linus said it best, why not off-set the roof radiator mounts so there are more options

like the fractal arc's do. the 280L with a single fan set is all the room you have.

So an H100i in Push would not work ? 

I plan on using this case + H100i in Push for my new system, so it'd be nice to know.

So an H100i in Push would not work ? 

I plan on using this case + H100i in Push for my new system, so it'd be nice to know.

the extra 13mm is the deal-breaker. it'd possibly fit on the H100/i, but that'd depend

on the RAM/MOSFET 'sinks for clearance. another is the 8-pin connector on the

motherboard. it isn't really worth the extra money or frustration for push/pull other

than to say it is in push/pull. stay on a single fan set and you will be golden.

the extra 13mm is the deal-breaker. it'd possibly fit on the H100/i, but that'd depend

on the RAM/MOSFET 'sinks for clearance. another is the 8-pin connector on the

motherboard. it isn't really worth the extra money or frustration for push/pull other

than to say it is in push/pull. stay on a single fan set and you will be golden.

So just to be clear, I'm gonna replace the standard fans with SP120's (The ring, Rubber grommets & better performance)

That'll work fine since it's only Push, right ? I mean, I only put 2 fans on it, to push air through it out the top of the case. ^^

So just to be clear, I'm gonna replace the standard fans with SP120's (The ring, Rubber grommets & better performance)

That'll work fine since it's only Push, right ? I mean, I only put 2 fans on it, to push air through it out the top of the case. ^^

replacing the stock SP120L with SP120 PE will work fine in push or pull, really no

difference or performance gains. pull seems to be easier to clean the radiator of

dust and debris.

img3029df.jpg

Does anybody have this case? Im thinking of buying it soon, but i really want to see some vids/pics with it setup. I intend on having a 240mm rad in the bottom of the case and would like to see it fit without interfering with the psu...

Does anybody have this case? Im thinking of buying it soon, but i really want to see some vids/pics with it setup. I intend on having a 240mm rad in the bottom of the case and would like to see it fit without interfering with the psu...

have you seen this video yet?

Thanks, looks like it wont fit in the bottom, and mounting it in the front means replacing storage....

I really like the case too.

Thanks, looks like it wont fit in the bottom, and mounting it in the front means replacing storage....

I really like the case too.

seems all the case today are flawed in some form or fashion. so it is either change

your plans and reconfig your idea, wait for some more time for developers to make

a case more for you or make your own. but usually, it is the first, change your setup.

I could maybe still use this case, hang the hdd caddy from the top and use a smaller rad in bottom. Maybe a 140mm, the rad in bottom is mostly just going to be for an easy drain port, the 40mm thick ones have multiple threads.

tbh at first i wont even need an extra rad since there is no full cover block for my gpu, so until i can upgrade that i will only be cooling the cpu, im not rich enough to replace my gpu and buy its waterblock as well as buy my first custom loop all at the same time, but i do want the option for future upgrades.

i'm not sure how much rad space i will need, but was originally going to go with 2x240mm. (low profile in the top and 40mm in the bottom). I guess i could make better use of the top and use 360mm plus a 120/140mm in bottom.

If only i didn't have to skimp on the case when i first built my system....

Edited by PlayKitten