First Build Liquid Cooling Upgrade (Complete) - High Res. Pics

ces160

Hi Everyone,

This is my first build and build log. I have been working on this PC for 3 years now and I am very happy to say its finally finished. 

Hope you all like it.

Components

• Intel Core i7 2600k
  • Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen 3
  • 8GB Mushkin Advanced 1600mHz CL9
  • 2x Asus GTX680 4GB DirectCu II
  • 2x Samsung 830 256GB SSD - RAID 0
  • Asus Essence STX
  • 1TB WD Black (Documents and Media) + 2TB WD Black (Games, Games and More Games!!!)
  • Corsair 750D
  • Corsair AX850
  • 5x Corsair SP120 PWM Performance Edition
  • Windows 8.1 + Startisback

Liquid cooling 

• EK Supremacy Acetal + Nickel CPU Waterblock
  • 2x EK Full Cover Acetal + Nickel GTX670 Waterblock (yes it fits the 680 cards)
  • EK Full Cover Bridge Dual Serial 3 Slot CSQ
  • 2x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm
  • EK RES X3 150 Reservoir
  • EK D5 Vario Pump
  • EK D5 x-TOP CSQ - Acetal
  • Primochill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 3/8"ID 5/8" OD
  • Bitspower  3/8"ID 5/8" OD Matt Black Fittings

So here are all the pictures.

I don't have a name for this rig, so I'll leave it up to you guys!!!

that is a nice looking build.  :)  what clock/voltage/temps you got your 2600k running at now that its under water? 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Looks extremely nice but I think to make it look better the case should be made a different color.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

How did u mount the resevoir?

The res is mounted on a custom bracket I had to make.

I needed to have it sit up off the mother board tray about 9cm so it would align with the outlet on the GPUs,

Went to the local hardware and found a fence post bracket that was the correct size (its basically a C or U shaped piece of metal), drilled the holes and spray painted it black so you cant see it.

Gives it a great effect, kinda looks like its floating or is only being held there by the tubes.

that is a nice looking build.  :)  what clock/voltage/temps you got your 2600k running at now that its under water? 

I have many different OC profiles for this chip from an under-volt at stock frequency to as high as 5GHz.(Its kinda a beast).

As I live in Australia the ambient temperature here is a little on the high side and can change dramaticly change during the day night cycle and for summer to winter. Given this I have a summer and a winter setting. 

Summer setting which I am using now is 4,4Ghz @1.28 volts and a max temp of 66C.

The winter one I use is 4.7GHz @1.38 volts and I have not tested this with the new cooling but I was running a H100 with 2GT @ 5 volts and got a max temp of  76C, so with the new cooling I'm expecting that to go down a few degrees.

Extremely clean, Good job.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

Nice and clean build even better being your first.

• 2 weeks later...

Extremely clean, Good job.

Nice and clean build even better being your first.

Thanks 

I have many different OC profiles for this chip from an under-volt at stock frequency to as high as 5GHz.(Its kinda a beast).

As I live in Australia the ambient temperature here is a little on the high side and can change dramaticly change during the day night cycle and for summer to winter. Given this I have a summer and a winter setting. 

Summer setting which I am using now is 4,4Ghz @1.28 volts and a max temp of 66C.

The winter one I use is 4.7GHz @1.38 volts and I have not tested this with the new cooling but I was running a H100 with 2GT @ 5 volts and got a max temp of  76C, so with the new cooling I'm expecting that to go down a few degrees.

5 GHz!? Stable? That's a good chip! You my friend must have won the silicon lottery! Living in northern Wisconsin, we don't get anything too crazy for ambient. In the winter though, Hoof! Might as well use the PC's exhaust as a heat source then! Especially for my cold toes!!!

-Cheers!!!

-P.S. My initials are really P.B.J. Does that explain enough? :D

LRT and the bitspower fitting, did it take lots of time to tighten them? 

Man this rig is gorgeous. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Those tubing runs look very nice.

Although they are not as thight as possible, they still look very clean somehow.

Gorgeous rig :-)

Note that I'm not responsible for eye damage due to poor grammar and spelling. 

Dat bridge between the cards for the loop is sick...Fantastic build

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

Nice Job  :D . Very nice

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

LRT and the bitspower fitting, did it take lots of time to tighten them? 

Man this rig is gorgeous. 

Now that you mention it, Yes. 

The compression rings seem to want to tighten allot. 

I wonder if that will help or hinder with leaking over time?