Any changes you would recommend

Budget (including currency): Around £1000-1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valorant, Warzone, Brawlhalla (Any new games I play). But also programs that i use for assignments that I need to complete (Word, PPT etc.) 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

.SKILL Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4 3600

EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black Gaming

Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II AIO

XPG Gammix S5 256GB NVMe M.2

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

EVGA 650W GQ

Phanteks Eclipse P400A

I also have a Samsung C27F390 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor but that's what i already have at home. 

This was from Bitwit's Perfect $1500 Gaming PC Video back in Dec 2019 and that's why I wanted to find out if there are any new/better parts I could swap out that could make my build run better or be a cheaper alternative. 

welcome to the forums!

have you considered waiting for zen3, ampere and big navi? they are rumored to be released near the end of this year.

Edited by Oswin

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Heya! To be honest, how much in a hurry are ya? I think this is the worst time to build a pc. Components should have been released, but aren't because of Covid. That said everything is looking like it will release the coming few months. Then this pc will cost way less, or the new one will be way faster on the same budget. It has been 4 years since Nvidia really launched a lineup. (im not counting RTX because in my eyes it is a failed refresh. I'm still running the 1080ti which I picked up 2 years ago for a bout 450 euros second hand. Upgrading coming season

Also I see that you are using a 129 euros (also pound-ish) 60hz monitor. With this pc I would go for a 1440p 144hz monior. I have that too, basically everyone has either 1080p 144hz or 1440p 144hz. Not taking one of these with a beast of a pc like that is throwing away money. Basically with your monitor you can display what you can get with a 500 uk pounds build. Getting a fresh one will set you free.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Ultragear-27GL83A-B-27-Inch-Compatible/dp/B07XLDLZPF/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=lg+ultragear+27gl83a&qid=1596822434&sr=8-3

That one is ultimate value. But with a 1080p 144hz you would spend 30% less, so up to your choice. Myself I sold my 1080p 240hz monitor to go with that LG and I couldnt be more satisfied.

I would go with something like this and wait for the new hardware to release

If you can wait, once it does come out, get a new cpu like a Ryzen 5 4600/ 4700x and Rtx 3080 (as you can fit a 3700x and 2080 super in your budget currently)

Wow, I was unaware of the releases at the end of the year and so i've decided i can wait a bit for potentially more value for money. However, I would like to know if any of these new releases would be in the price range or way too high of a spec to even put as a contender? 

Thank you all for the information and help. 

35 minutes ago, Knight07 said:

Wow, I was unaware of the releases at the end of the year and so i've decided i can wait a bit for potentially more value for money. However, I would like to know if any of these new releases would be in the price range or way too high of a spec to even put as a contender? 

Thank you all for the information and help. 

remember to quote or mention so that we may get notified of your reply

we dont know anything about pricing yet though it shouldnt be far off from current gen pricing (take this as a guess). you should be fine with your current budget.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

On 8/7/2020 at 8:28 PM, Avocheeseado said:

This is a great monitor. 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/pc-monitors/pc-monitors/acer-nitro-vg270upbmiipx-quad-hd-27-lcd-gaming-monitor-black-10195212-pdt.html

This one is cheaper with similar specs if you would rather not spend 400+

Definitely. I wasn't aware of that one, but before this LG and after my alienware 240 hz I found out that Acer nitro released an updated 240hz panel, which was like the first monitor with the new 240hz panel, asus came after with a new PG costing like triple the money.. I bought that 240 hz and it was very good. Would recommend the brand nowadays